Monday, August 9, 2010

LOTD: Blue + Green + Yellow

this is a look that i don't usually do. hmm the bright blue, green & yellow is not work appropriate, more for a fun weekend look. i love this color combination and will love to experiment with bright colors instead of the boring neutrals & smokys (:

to complete this bright eye makeup look, i lined my eye using l'oreal 24hr super liner gel eyeliner. on the bottom lashline, i used etude house eye glow pencil 2 before using the gel eyeliner. as usual, i used sana new born lasting w brow LB3 for my brows. for lashes, i used helena rubinstein glorious mascara 01 star black as the base mascara and finish off with sasatinnie super dolly powerful curling mascara black using the combing action. a word of caution, please do not zig-zag the wand back and forth during application as you will end up with clumpy lashes. this applies for the sasatinnie mascara.

i used the eyeshadow colors from red earth limited edition eye lip cheek palette. i used laneige professional selection - shadow (essence) LR101 white pink to highlight the brow bone. not to forget, i used too faced shadow insurance as well.

do you like bright colors for eye makeup ?

gransenbon blush 07 blossom pink to color my cheeks.

kose esprique precious x'mas set lip gloss for glossy lips.

overall look with a smile (:

hmm i used lavshuca creamy liquid foundation, followed by sephora oil free mattifying foundation to set the look. for a more radiant look, i brushed on shu uemura shimmer face powder.

more LOTDs to come :D

15 comments:

  1. that eyeshadow combi is gorgeous! :D love the print on your tube too, it reminds me of the anya hindmarch ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree!! its gorgeous!! The blending skill is max super@

    ReplyDelete
  3. Verlyn! The look is gorgeous! I love how the colours look on your eyes. And your display picture is very nice. Somehow I think you with bangs will look awesome! Haha. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm trying this look over the weekend! Me getting bored of the usual neutrals too. Lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks ladies (charlene, ju ann, noppi, minru, redberry) !~ it'll be lovely that y'all try out this look (: it's a nice break from the usual neutrals..

    hey minru, my forehead is pretty high so i can carry off bangs =p

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love bold colours on my eyes too! But even for me whose work place "should" be able to accept bold colours, most of us still stick to the plain neutrals and browns :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. yeah ^^v hmm funny.. why use work-safe neutrals whereby makeup is not restricted to these colors esp. for ur work place ? colorful makeup makes me think of urban decay & mac instantly (: aiya u use bright eye makeup colors, no need to care about the others.. unless the rules state that only neutrals allowed..

    ReplyDelete
  8. time for you to use eyeshadows instead of ahems.. kate.. :3

    ReplyDelete
  9. lolx.. Yes!! I should put away the kate...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hahaha the only "rules" in my company is "you can't step into the office without any makeup/perfume/grooming!".
    I usually don't bother too much since my boss is one who is perfectly fine with us using bold colours (except bright red lips cos I've tried and tested LOLs). Other departments is another story already :P

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love you in colours!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Candy, -_-" they should do a daily theme then work will be more fun & be able to look forward to ! Maybe if you wear red lippy daily they'll soon get used to it hahas =x

    Kim, colors remind me of you, always =p

    ReplyDelete