Saturday, May 25, 2013

Classic Facial @ Spa Symphony

Recently, I had the opportunity to try out Spa Symphony's facial service after attending V10 event. Herine and I booked our facial appointment on the same day since we were both free that day.


Spa Symphony

313@somerset
313 Orchard Road,
#B2-50/51, S(238895)
Tel: 6636 8878


Upon reaching, we were promptly greeted by the staff. We were given the choice of either cold/warm blended tea. And, we opted for the latter - Roselle & Hawthorn Blend that is rich in Vitamin C to help reduce cholesterol, aid digestion and promote weight loss.


Before the facial treatment, we were asked to fill up a form with our particulars and answer some questions pertaining to our skin concerns, medications, etc.


Then, we were brought to our respective rooms by the facial therapists.

I like the dim lighting and greenery around Spa Symphony, which put me in a relaxed mode.


Here's where I put my belongings. By the way, they provide lens solution and casing for customers to remove their contact lenses before treatment.


Hmm... I didn't take photos during the treatment coz I wanted to enjoy the treatment fully. Oh well... lazy me :X

Anyway, I had the Classic Facial ($130 for 60mins) - a basic European facial of professional cleansing and balancing that includes a base mask, pressure point face massage and extraction. The products they used  are purely organic, by Centella (made in France).


Before the facial treatment, my facial therapist inspected my face and pointed out that my skin is congested *sob-sob* Plus, my skin is pretty sensitive, which is dry on the outside and oily on the inside... :,(

My skin needs balancing! She started off by cleansing my face with a milk cleanser that has a relatively strong herbalish scent. Then she used a scrub to gently remove the impurities. During the treatment, she advised me to avoid scrubbing on my spots as it will only result in more breakouts.

For further deep cleansing, a facial steamer with aromatherapy was used. It was kind of difficult to breathe properly during the facial treatment. She understands that and made sure I was okay with the steam.

When it comes to facial treatment, the extraction process is no doubt a love-hate affair. I faired well in keeping my cool since it got really painful at certain points. She said I have high pain tolerance... umm... thank you >.<~~

After the extraction, she proceeded to use a high frequency treatment to calm and disinfect. Then, she applied a generous layer of cream mask, to purify and soothe the skin. 

The face, shoulder and neck massage was really rejuvenating... SUPER SHIOK! Though she is rather petite, the pressure applied was just right... strong enough for my liking. Thumbs up!

The unique point of Spa Symphony is the use of Tibetan Singing Bells* at the end of the facial treatment. The distinct, pure sound of the bells somehow brings a sense of tranquility. Hmm... interesting much...

*For centuries, Tibetan Singing Bells have been used for healing, meditation, clearing negative energy and restoring harmony and balance.

The session ended with a happy note. My skin was evidently clearer and more radiant than before though it was not a full extraction.

Hope my review helps. Thank you for reading!

1 comment:

  1. With bistroMD you know that not only will you get gourmet entrees, but that every meal and each in bistroMD's weight loss program is balanced to bistroMD's custom nutritional platform that helps promote healthy diets.

    STEP 1 - Choose one of the diet plans for 5 or 7 days of entrees.
    STEP 2 - View your menu before ordering and pick the meals you would like for each day and week.
    STEP 3 - Order your weight loss plan.
    STEP 4 - Your meals are delivered to your door.

    GET STARTED NOW - delivered to your home.

    ReplyDelete