Saturday, May 25, 2013

MooJaa, Mookata Thai BBQ Steamboat

Mookata, was something I wanted to try for the longest time. I've been seeing drool-worthy Instagram pics of them but didn't get the chance to try until... Elaine asked me and Herine along for a "piggy night out" :P

In a nutshell, Mookata (traditional Thai BBQ Steamboat) simply means "pork skillet" in direct translation. 


MooJaa

25 Keong Saik Road S(089132)
Tel: 6536 4780

MooJaa means 'my little lovely pig', which explains the cute piggy logo.


We were brought to this private room, where we enjoy absolute privacy :D


I dressed super casually since I was all ready to smell like Thai BBQ after dining... which I did =.=


At MooJaa, you can order ala carte or set. If you are feeling peckish, feel free to go for the Ala Carte Buffet @ $32+/pax.


We had the Set Moo (pork) and Set Gai (chicken) @ $45+ each.

The sets consist of either pork collar slice/boneless chicken and the usual steamboat ingredients like prawn, pork ball, squid, scallop, crab meat, abalone slice, golden mushroom, tang hoon (vermicelli), xiao bai cai, kang kong.


Ooo... pork lard?! It's definitely not one of the steamboat ingredients. Then, what is it for?


For Mookata, pork lard is used for the BBQ instead of oil/butter.

The pork lard is being placed right at the center of the dome, surrounded with meat. It will start to melt and grease the dome area, which prevents the meat from sticking onto the dome.


They provide sweet sour seafood and spicy bbq sauce for us to dip the meat/seafood. And, I was so in love with the former that I refilled like twice... uber yummilicious!


The meat juices (and melted pork lard) that flow down into the soup, make it more flavorful and so much tastier!



Nom-nom-nommmmmm~! :d~


A really fun Mookata experience with the ladies! Thanks MooJaa :D



We ordered two more dishes to share - Omelette ($6+) and Basil Leaf Chicken ($12+). Both were yummy though the former was a bit oily for my liking. 


Last but not least, I highly recommend their Thai Ice Tea (Cha Yen). At only $2.50, you get a glass of thick aromatic milk tea. Not too sweet, not too milky... just the way I like it! I won't mind going for a 2nd glass (;

If you prefer a more refreshing drink, then go for Lemongrass ($2.50).

That's all for now. Hope you enjoyed reading my MooJaa experience (:

***Credits to Elaine for all unmarked images.***

No comments:

Post a Comment