Sunday, May 5, 2013

Dip Dye Short Hair

It was 6 weeks of crazy attention-seeking blue hair. Though the royal blue (hair color) had faded to a much lighter hue, people still have nothing but compliments for my unique hair color. 


As much as I love the blues, it was time to say goodbye...

BYE-BYEEE~


And so, here's how my faded blue hair looks... with the black roots showing. It seemed that my hair is not growing out fast yea? Hmm...

***image credits to forums.allkpop.com***


Anyway, I showed Chisato the hair color I wanted (not the hairstyle).

I am now trying my best to grow out my fringe and hair. That's why I have not had my hair cut for close to 4 months already.


To achieve my desired ash brown color, I had to go through one-time bleaching to get rid of the blue dye.


After the bleaching, the blue part became light pastel green and the purple streaks became neon pink! What a funky combination! I was really fascinated when I saw this interim hair color mix. Nice right? heehee~ :P

Chisato and Alice analyzing my hair...


They did the dip dye part (indigo) first...


... then the base (ash brown). Ooo... looks like squid ink pasta? :X


After 3 hours, here's my dip dye hair color (dark ash brown + indigo)! I was really happy with the results... see my satisfied face :P

Well, my base hair color was quite dark, but not black. Any lighter, the color would turn out weird due to my previous blue hair. I was told that after few times of shampooing, my hair color will gradually fade to a lighter shade of ash brown. It has been almost 2 weeks since I did my hair color. Now, my hair looks something like Alice's! Nice right?! 

I will like to take this opportunity to thank these two lovely ladies (Chisato & Alice) for creating the dip dye effect I want! Thank you so much 


Here's a closer look at my dip dye hair color. 


If you wanna have fun colors in a subtler way, you can do something like mine (:


Lovin' this hair color sooo much! You know where to head to if you want an awesome hair makeover *wink-wink*


I shall end off this post with this photo with the ABTM (Ah Boys to Men) cast - Tosh Zhang (!!), Maxi Lim and Noah Yap. It was the day after I did my hair color. Super like this photo 

Shall blog about this Toast Box charity campaign (event) that I attended with dear Herine soon (: 

Till then... thank you for reading!

313 Orchard Road, #03-26, 313@Somerset

Tel: 6238 0226 / 6238 0227

Website: www.shunjimatsuo313.com.sg/

FB Page: www.facebook.com/HairSalon313

No comments:

Post a Comment