Monday, June 3, 2013

Dessert Frenzy! Saveur + Honeymoon Dessert

After having lunch brunch at Lim Seng Lee Duck Rice Eating House, Estelle suggested having dessert at Saveur. I heard so much about this affordable French restaurant, how tasty their food is, esp. the signature Saveur's Pasta and Duck Leg Confit. Their desserts also won the hearts of many. How can I not try right?!


And so, we went to the new outlet at Far East Plaza. They have another outlet at Purvis Street, which was their first.



They offer only 4 desserts, great for indecisive people like me (lol). Me being a chocolate lover, I naturally went for Chocolate and Hazelnut [chocolate mousse with crushed hazelnuts, broken raspberries, roasted rice puffs, chocolate tuile & praline] @ $7.90.

Ooo... the dessert presentation was already a delightful sight. It sure tasted as good as it looked! A sinful indulgence indeed. I was literally in chocolate heaven!

It had just the right sweetness. And, the raspberries complement the taste of the fudgy chocolate really well. It was sooo good, I nearly wanna lick the plate clean (lololol) :X 

MAJOR LOVE!!  


Estelle had Textures of Citrus [blood orange jelly with orange granite, freeze-dried pineapple, feuilletine, citrus segments & lime zest] @ $6.90. Hers was a citrusy explosion. I tasted a mouthful. Hmm... the sour taste was acceptable, not too sour. I much prefer mine :d~

Later in the evening, we had dessert AGAIN after some shopping. Hmm... I think we ate ALOT that day O_O!! 


We headed to Honeymoon Dessert at 313 Somerset for traditional dessert. I had Sweet Ball & Sweet Potato Soup (Hot) @ $3+ (I think)... correct me if I'm wrong. Woohooo~! Love the spicy taste of ginger soup that warms up my tummy :P~

Anything with sweet potato is... YUMMY! Not to mention, my all-time favorite tang yuan (rice balls)!


The tang yuan here taste different from the usual ones. They have this nice QQ texture, perfectly chewy and springy. Not exaggerating one bit! And, the peanut filling is savory instead of sweet!

A MUST TRY! 


Ending this post with a photo of me and Estelle (:

No comments:

Post a Comment