Saturday, August 21, 2010

Coloring Seminar by Rodica Hristu (Natural & Cool Browns/Blondes)

new hair color ! no more chiffon pink hair :3 new hair style too ! just cut a little from my previous hairstyle, not much difference except the fringe part :p well, this time i went to a hair seminar with Jones. she hasn't update anything about her hair as yet since the workshop till now. what i can say is her hair is getting shorter and shorter, in a good way of course. she really rocks with her new hairstyle ! for those who have seen her hair will agree with me much :D

this is a hair seminar conducted by award winning colorist Rodica Hristu from Canada. she's very friendly & beautiful in person. and, i noticed her lashes are really long !

there was a pre-color session 2 days before the seminar. we are supposed to "report" at evolve salon at 9am, located at Liang Court. it was prolly around 12pm when it was finally my turn to do my hair -_-" me & Jones were the hair models for 2nd day, so we'd had to wait for the 1st day hair models' hair to be fixed first. throughout the session, i was dozing off every now and then as i didn't sleep the night before =_=

hmm this was my OOTD, all black. blur me thought i had to wear all black on that day +_+

Ken Hong, evolve salon director, trimmed my hair and cut bangs. i guessed i'm destined to have bangs hahas xD this is the "just cut" look.

then, i waited for sometime for my hair to be colored. my hair base was kept cool-toned dark brown i think. the clipped part was not colored yet at this point of time.

ta dah ! now, the clipped part is colored using "foiling" method if i didn't get it wrong. so many foils !! she foiled one by one and i fell asleep halfway through :s thanks Rodica ! anyway, the session ended at around 5plus evening i think. luckily there was food provided for us, japanese yakitori rice set :d~

so how did the hair color turn out ?

 

:

:

:

 

i simply ♥ my new hair color to bits !! thanks so much Rodica (again) !!

the main focus was the fringe part. the highlights were kept cool-toned. she initially wanted to keep it warm-toned as it really turned out very nice. i love both :3

i really love the hair color so much ! it reminded me of the $300 hair color i did at Jeric Salon (REDS Salon) which i did not like much.

i was told that for a hair makeover like mine easily cost few hundred dollars, prolly about $300+ to 400+ ? a hair cut by Ken Hong is already $100+.. hair color will be around $200 to $300 ? the most shocking thing i heard from one of the hair models was a hair cut by Daniel Ng, Kim Robinson Creative Director cost $750 !! i nearly fainted -_-" i have to agree totally he is really awesome !! i'm so honored to have my hair cut by both of them, and my hair to be colored by Rodica Hristu (:

my LOTD. pardon my oil-slicked face -_-" and chapped lips.

the highlight of this LOTD is using MAC mineralize eye shadow - fresh green mix. it was a really wonderful buy from sg beauty :D i love how the smoky eye effect turn out.

hope you enjoyed my lengthy post. more posts to be up soon :D saturday was an exceptionally enjoyable day for me :3 stay tuned to my blog to find out why ! till then, enjoy your weekend ladies !

11 comments:

  1. OMG can. Verlyn! Super pretty! :D If Jones needs hair models again, I wanna go! Hahaha. My hair really needs help man. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. very very pretty lah babe u're so lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Verlyn, you are always not slping well! And I love your bangs, plus the highlights. Did you have to pay to go for the workshop?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The highlights look great on you (:

    ReplyDelete
  5. super pretty darl! awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. very pretty e/s! (;

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your fringe a lot, a lot, a lot!!! (:

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the fringe and the hair colour!! nice nice!

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks minru, it will definitely be a wonderful experience ^^ think Jones will post if her friend needs hair models..

    phoenixfyre: yea thanks girl, thank god i volunteered (:

    kim, you look cute with bangs.. & your new hair color is gorgeous ! no need to pay just volunteer =p ya not sleeping well.. now gonna blog..

    ReplyDelete
  10. icefrost: thanks girl (:

    amyrleex: thanks.. do remember the twitter thingy ya (:

    huiprivate: thanks ! finally someone like my eye mu for that day =p

    ReplyDelete
  11. charlenejudith: thanks girl, i love my fringe as much too =p

    rainyydays: hey thanks (: they did a great job for my hair color

    ReplyDelete