Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Burger-making Session at Fatboy’s The Burger Bar

It was my 1st time visiting Fatboy’s The Burger Bar, thanks to OpenRice! I was there for a food tasting + burger-making session.


The event was held at the Upper Thomson branch. It was quite a distance from Marymount MRT station, about 15mins walk at least. 


The ambience there is pretty cosy, great for catch-up sessions with friends... over burgers of coz!

The bar area.

They do serve alcoholic beverages, like beers.


Before the burger-making session, we got to try their Chili Queso and Corn Chips. Hmm... this appetizer did not impress me much. In my opinion, the corn chips were not exactly crunchy. The chili queso was not that spicy, and went quite well with the chips.


By the time I started munching on these Spicy Hot Drumlets, they were kinda cold already. Though the meat was on the dry side, the drumlets still taste okay. They might be a lil' spicy for some.


It was either beef patty or a mix of beef/pork. I opted for the former. Those who chose the latter, were much pleased with how tasty and flavorful it turned out to be. That was mainly b'coz of the addition of pork collar. 

The sauces and seasonings, for the meat patties.



Here's Bernie (owner of Fatboy’s The Burger Bar), teaching us how to make the patties. He was super action-packed. I hardly took any clear photo of him, seriously. Having a huge-ass camera helps, which I (sadly) don't.



Getting the patties into shape was effortless, using the steel mould.
***image credits to OpenRice Singapore FB Page***

A big thank-you to Estelle (OpenRice), for helping me make the beef patty! (:


Build your own burger! Hmm... they've really weird special sauces for your burger, like peanut butter... mango chutney... NUTELLA! I can't imagine myself having beef burger with nutella =.="
Choice of bun: sesame seed, wholemeal, honey oat



Ahh... I made the biggest mistake of choosing the honey oat bun. It tasted good on its own, but definitely not with Fatboy's Homemade BBQ sauce. Too sweet for my liking. I prefer savory burgers. 

For the add-ons, I had grilled portobello and cheese. The fries were normal, something that I could do without. The beef patty was not that juicy, probably b'coz it was done medium well. The burger size was just right for me. If you're a big eater, you can always go for double patty. heh.

If I'm not wrong, my burger set costs about $17-ish.


And now, here's the best milkshake ever - chocolate with BAILEYS! The chocolate milkshake on its own was $7 and adding Baileys was a mere $4.50! There are other add-ons like peanut butter, banana, caramel, just to name a few.

It was thick, smooth and oh-so-creamy. Ahh... yummilicious :d~ 

And so, the session ends on a happy note! 


Upper Thomson Branch

187 Upper Thomson Rd
Tel: 6252 8780
Email: enquiries@fatboys.sg
Website: http://www.fatboys.sg/
FB Page: https://www.facebook.com/FatboysUpperThomson/


Fyi, if you write 10 reviews on OpenRice website would automatically qualify for a FREE food tasting session & a FREE scoop of Udders ice cream. 40 reviews would qualify for a FREE food tasting session, a FREE scoop of Udders ice cream & a pair of movie tickets from Cathay. For more info on the contest, CLICK HERE. Sign up with OpenRice today!

2 comments:

  1. woo... I really do love Fatboy's burger. The portion are quite big for me, so it is always a 'share with a friend' meal plus sides.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hazel, I think I gotta try it again to give my final verdict... coz the burger I tried at Swensen's was tastier (juicy and succulent meat!)... I agree the portion is gd for sharing... I was so full after finishing the set (plus the milkshake)!

    ReplyDelete