Friday, January 4, 2013

Milk Skin Care by Michael Klim

Back in Oct, I attended a cozy tea session where Michael Klim (former Australian Olympian) shared his new products offering from Milk & Co., mainly focusing on Milk Skin Care. It was a pleasure meeting him in person. He comes across as unassuming, a nice and friendly man indeed. Not to mention, charismatic.

Milk & Co. is a family-run business owned by the Klims themselves. Unlike other brands, Milk & Co. embodies the ideals of the Klim family lifestyle and has the support behind it to ensure its success. Milk & Co. prides itself on creating products that are made from the finest ingredients, housed in state of the art packaging and (most importantly) at an affordable price. Since launching in Aug 2008, Milk Skin Care has received renowned reviews in Australia and internationally. 

*PS: I'm not sure if you've noticed. Milk is actually Klim spelt backwards (:

They are currently carrying men's and babies' skin care but have plans to develop beauty products for the ladies. That's definitely good news! 

The tea session was held at Cedele.

We were introduced to part of the Milk and Milk Baby product range.

Milk

  • Face Moisturiser + Sunscreen SPF15
  • Body Wash
  • Dry Touch SPF30+ Sunscreen

Milk Baby

  • Fairy Detangler
  • Stinky Winky
  • Moisturising Qweam


Milk Skin Care (Men)

"Australia's climate is pretty harsh, and that coupled with hours in the pool, made looking after my skin tough. I couldn't find a product that was right for me, so I made my own. It's called Milk. A fresh, easy-to-use set of products, made using natural marine-based ingredients (such as brown seaweed and algae extracts). Personally researched, tested and created by me. Milk is about helping guys feel good about their skin and relaxed about taking care of it.” - Michael Klim



Milk Baby

"When my husband, Michael, was developing his range of Milk skincare products for men, I was a new mum to our eldest child and pregnant with our second. I could not find a skincare range for babies that I felt confident enough to use on my very young family. I decided to develop my own range, based on natural ingredients, hence Milk Baby was born. I wanted to create a product that was affordable, looked good in the home and that was beneficial to the enhancement of wellbeing." - Lindy Klim

The Face Moisturiser + Sunscreen SPF15 has a really light texture, which melts into the skin fast, leaving no greasy or sticky feel. It comes in a really big bottle of 150ml. I really like the clean packaging. Though nothing fanciful, it's very pleasing to the eyes (at least to me).

The Dry Touch SPF30+ Sunscreen has a slightly heavier texture, as compared to Face Moisturiser + Sunscreen SPF15. It takes a slightly longer time to absorb as well. After it's completely absorbed into skin, it feels nicely dry to touch.

I like the Moisturising Qweam, simply b'coz it hydrates my sensitive skin well. Most importantly, it helps soothe those areas that are particularly dry and irritated, leaving my skin feeling baby smooth and soft.

I get to choose the products I like, specially autographed by Michael Klim on the spot!

How can I not have a pic with him?! *happy*


I shall end the post with a group pic (rose among the thorns lol).

Thank you Roy (360PR) for the lovely invite!

***All info and unmarked images are extracted from press release.***

No comments:

Post a Comment