Tuesday, August 20, 2013

KATE Brightening Makeup Base & Concealing Cover Powder Foundation

My daily face base routine is usually primer (optional), then BB cream/liquid foundation followed by pressed/loose powder. On lazy days, I opt for just primer and powder foundation.

My current faves are KATE Brightening Makeup Base & Powder Foundation For Cover, which can be found in KATE Cosmetics Spring Summer 2013 Collection.

KATE Brightening Makeup Base comes with SPF23 PA+++.

KATE Brightening Makeup Base comes in a convenient squeeze tube with fine tip nozzle that dispenses just the amount of product, avoiding wastage.

It is available only in Light Beige (beige with yellow undertones). I think those with darker skintone can apply a thin layer of this makeup base followed by your regular foundation, for a brighter look. 

It has a light creamy consistency that is easy to spread and blend. When applied on the skin (using fingers), it feels like a lighter version of liquid foundation. It has light medium coverage, subtly concealing redness and visible pores. It brightens and evens out the skin tone naturally, with a semi-matte finish.

KATE Concealing Cover Powder Foundation comes with SPF20 PA+++. The powder foundation and case are sold separately.

KATE Concealing Cover Powder Foundation is available in 6 shades. My usual shade is OC-C but it was already snapped up by the others (at the event) since it is a common shade. I was matched to BE-C (beige with slightly yellow undertones). Intially, I was pretty worried that it might be too dark for me. My worries were clearly unfounded. In fact, it matches my fair-medium skintone perfectly!


Here, I applied KATE Brightening Makeup Base and Concealing Cover Powder Foundation only on the right side. See the difference?

I adore the velvety smooth powder texture of the powder foundation - lightweight yet provides adequate coverage. When layered on, the finish is more matte as compared to applying the makeup base alone. And, the finish is neither cakey nor powdery.


Here's my full-on makeup face.

This is how my face looked after 6 hours without blotting. Not too bad uh? I must say that I am really impressed by these two products. Nothing but raves for them! Needless to say, they are definitely worth to repurchase (:

Details on my LOTD will be up soon. Thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment