Sunday, August 11, 2013

Nana's Green Tea Café

I wanted to try Nana's Green Tea for the longest time. And, my wish was granted few days ago. Like finally!

The Atrium @ Orchard (Plaza Singapura) #03-80/82


For the uninitiated, Nana's Green Tea is a Japanese café that sells Japanese green tea drinks. It has a wide selection of desserts, mostly green tea related such as parfaits, shaved ice, ice-cream, etc. There is food selection as well - main course such as dons, udons and sushi rolls.

Ebi Goma Dare Udon $14.80

My bro's. The unique thing about this dish is that it is served cold. I took a few mouthfuls as it was really tasty! The main ingredients (avocado, prawns, cherry tomatoes) are fresh. I especially like the creamy taste of the special sesame sauce - the creaminess is just right, not too overwhelming. The noodles have this smooth QQ texture, which is lacking in most udon I tried.

Salmon Don $14.80

Initially, I wanted to order the curry chicken cutlet rice but changed my mind in the end. No regrets definitely. The portion of salmon sashimi is pretty generous. Quite fresh, in my opinion. I really like the flavorful sauce, which complements the warm Japanese rice. For rice lovers, the portion is kinda small.

Matcha Shiratama Float $9

My bro's. I took one mouthful. The thickness and creaminess of matcha latte can a lil' more. With the matcha ice-cream, it tastes much better.

Matcha Anmitsu $8.80

The portion of matcha jelly cubes is too much for me. They are pretty tasteless like sugarless green tea. Luckily, there's caramelized brown sugar syrup to help sweeten them up. And, I don't fancy the inclusion of black beans. I find it kinda weird to have salty bits in my dessert. They should really consider replacing it with red beans.

Overall, I enjoyed the dessert. The matcha ice-cream is a hit with me - creamy instead of icy. And, the sweetness is just right. It goes really well with the sweet red bean paste and mochi balls. Yummilicious~!

I personally think that the food/desserts here are pretty decent. Worth a try if you love green tea and/or simple japanese food. Okay, that's all for my Nana's Green Tea experience. Thank you for reading!

The long weekend is officially over... le sigh -.-

No comments:

Post a Comment