Friday, March 1, 2013

Two Chefs Eating Place 雙廚菜館

It was journey to the west (again), for a food tasting session hosted by OpenRice. Instead of the usual fancy restaurant/cafe, it was held at Two Chefs Eating Place, a zi char stall located at Commonwealth. If not for this food tasting session, I don't think I would ever have gone there since I reside in the east.


It was a long-long walk from the mrt station (Commonwealth), 15 mins at least.


It was full house when we reached. Hence, it is advisable to call and make reservations prior heading there. 


Woohoooo~! 6 dishes for us to try! 


Drunken Cockles 醉蚶
- $6


First up, the legendary Drunken Cockles! Estelle was raving so much about it that I die-die-must-try. I was never a cockles fan as I dislike its raw, bloody taste. I make an exception for this dish. It was soooooo good that I ate at least 5 or 6 of them :x

The half-shelled cockles are served cold, in soy sauce with lots of garlic bits, spring onion and chilli padi. I like the flavorful taste and most importantly, they did not taste too raw. By the way, some might find it a lil' spicy due to the chilli padi.



Butter Ribs 牛油排骨
- $12 for medium portion


Butter ribs coated with condensed milk powder?! This was my 1st time trying such an interesting combination! The boneless chunks of meat were tender, and tasted pretty good. Hmm.. the condensed milk powder was kinda too sweet for my liking though.


Vegetable with Egg, Salted Egg & Century Egg 三蛋时菜 
- $10 for medium portion


This was my favoritest dish of the night! This was exceptionally good, definitely on par with restaurant standard! The gravy was rather watery, which doubles up as a soup somehow. I had many-many mouthfuls of this! Yummilicious! :d~


Omelette 芙蓉蛋 
- $10 for medium portion

It was a simple and ordinary-looking dish, which was tasty albeit oily. The omelette was crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. Anything to do with eggs, I like!


Fried Buttered Prawns (with Pork Floss) 牛油肉松虾球
- $20 for medium portion


This dish certainly lived up to my expectation! The prawn balls were fried to perfection, which tasted absolutely divine. So fresh and succulent! I like that they added pork floss as it actually complements the taste of the prawns. My only grouse was the sweet mayonnaise... instead of being drizzled over the prawns, it would be better if they served it in a separate plate or something. Regardless, it is a must-try dish!


Golden Mushroom Beancurd 金针菇豆腐
- $10 for medium portion


The soft and smooth chunks of beancurd doused in slightly thick gravy, goes really well with rice. The addition of minced meat and golden mushroom, make it even more appetizing!

Two Chefs Eating Place 雙廚菜館

Add: Blk 116 Commonwealth Crescent, #01-129
Tel: 6472 5361

Tempted to try? :P


No comments:

Post a Comment