Saturday, November 3, 2012

Maybelline Lashionista Mascara

Lashionista is the latest lengthening mascara by Maybelline. The quirky name is cleverly derived from fashionista, which depicts an endless (lash) length obsession. 

For natural, long lashes that stay up and go up.

Lashionista is fashionably dressed in bright neon pink, perfect with bits of black and silver. Beautiful combi, isn't it?

Endless Length

Contains new innovation 4mm fibers, which is 2x longer than classic ones.

Uplifted Lashes

With an ultra-light gravity-defying film, lashes stay up.

Flawless, No Clumps

The Just Fit Brush is developed specially for Asian eyes. Feels just like your own lashes, with zero clumps.

24h Smudge-proof

Resists tears and sebum. No flaking, smudging. Removes with warm water.

The brush is curved, to fit Asian eyes, like mine. This way, each and every lash is coated with mascara. Some brushes can be too big to work with, but not this one.

Before mascara application, I will usually curl my lashes since I don't have naturally curled lashes. 

When I tried Lashionista for the 1st time, I didn't quite like it. The mascara was on the wet side, and it couldn't seem to coat my lashes well. My mascara-ed lashes looked pathetic, to be honest.

On subsequent uses, I started to develop some liking for it. For the above image, I applied the usual 2 coats. The lengthening effect is pretty good, with the fibers clinging onto the lash tips. As you can see, my lashes are naturally defined and separated evenly.

Hmm... my lashes don't stay curled all day long though, the fact that it ain't waterproof. 

I personally prefer to apply multiple coats to achieve the lash effect I want. Even by doing so, my lashes don't look clumpy at all. And, there's no flakes or smudges at the end of the day. Alternatively, I'll layer with a good volume mascara for a "fake lash" effect.

All in all, if you desire natural-looking lashes with a lil' definition, you can safely purchase it.

Retails for $21.90 at Watsons, Guardian, Sasa, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment