Friday, July 20, 2012

Food Tasting: Tang Hong Kong Gourmet

TGIF! Ahh... I finally have time to clear my backlog :X Oh well... weekends are the only so-called "free time" I've for blogging, provided I'm not lazy tired... hurhur~

Owned by Celebrity Chef Benson Tong

Anyway, sometime back... I attended this food tasting session @ Tang Hong Kong Gourmet, thanks to Dennis' invite.

Tang Hong Kong Gourmet - The restaurant name does sound like a typical cha chaan teng, the likes of Xin Wang HK Cafe, Kim Gary. In my opinion, it is more of a place for tze char (restaurant-style Chinese food). Fyi, it serves Cantonese and Western dishes as well.

The restaurant is located at 116 Neil Road, about 10-15mins walk from Outram Park MRT Station. 

Truth be told, I was expecting my drink to be yuan yang (coffee + tea). I didn't really enjoy this Pink Guava Drink as it was diluted. Not a good start eh...

Hmm... I didn't expect the soup to be western-style. It was Creamy Celery Soup, if I'm not wrong.

It tasted alright BUT... I was craving for pipin' hot double-boiled soup then =.=

Spicy Coconut Milk Prawns, is one of Chef Benson's signature dishes. It was my 1st time eating this unique combination - prawns coated with coconut batter. I like the sweet savory taste, not too jelat kind. Most importantly, the prawns were rather fresh and juicy. Thumbs up!

This Peking Duck Skin wrap dish tasted okay. Nothing too fantastic, I would say. In fact, the portion was too small.

Spicy Deep Fried White Bait. They were fried to... almost perfection. I find myself reaching for seconds, thirds... okay, you get the drift. Sounds like a good pair with... ice cold beer :X Oops, I'm sounding like a alcoholic lol!

Another signature dish will be this Tang Sweet & Spicy Fish-head. I'm a true fish lover. Its fresh savory sweet taste, tickled my taste buds literally. I almost wanted the whole fish head by myself. I kid you not.

I love the cheek-y part :P *nom nom*

If my memory didn't fail me, this was Fried Pork Belly? It was served in place of pig trotters. I love the crispy and crunchy texture. Err... I like anything pork! On a side note, I love the fresh & juicy cherry tomatoes too :X

Mini Lobsters. This dish is priced less than $10, I think. Unfortunately, it was way too salty and didn't taste as fresh as the prawns.

Hong Kong Crispy Noodle with Shredded Duck. The rest were complaining about how salty it was, and I actually finished the whole thing! It wasn't as salty as the mini lobsters. Aiya~ think I was too hungry then (lol).

Double-Boiled Papaya with White Fungus. This Chinese dessert is good for skin! The sweetness was just right, not too syrupy. Overall, the taste was okay, nothing special. One thing I don't like is that it's served in a plastic bowl (personal preference).

They offer set lunch promotion(s) like the one shown in the above image. All dishes are priced affordably, nothing over $20 (I think). Correct me if I'm wrong (:

Inevitably, there's bound to be hits & misses. The dishes I highly recommend are: Spicy Coconut Milk Prawns & Tang Sweet & Spicy Fish-head.

Okay, that's all for now. Have a great weekend everyone!

3 comments:

  1. whahaha long time no drink :X

    ReplyDelete
  2. 3 Studies SHOW Why Coconut Oil Kills Waist Fat.

    This means that you literally get rid of fat by consuming Coconut Fat (including coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 studies from major medicinal magazines are sure to turn the conventional nutrition world around!

    ReplyDelete