Saturday, July 14, 2012

My 3-Step Skincare Routine for Troubled Skin: Biotherm Purefect Skin

I'm not a teenager anymore, but (at times) I still suffer from shiny skin, breakouts, visible pores, etc. Being a full-fledged adult, my imperfections tend to form in the U-zone (chin, cheeks and around the mouth) now. Sad but true. To battle against troubled skin, I went back to the basic 3-step skincare routine, using only cleanser, toner and moisturizer. I took almost 2 months to purefect my skin.

Back to the basics...

Purefect Skin 123

  • Anti-Shine Purifying Cleansing Gel
  • Micro-Exfoliating Purifying Toner
  • Pure Skin Effect Hydrating Gel

 

***Fyi, the price range is friendly (nothing above $50), considering the fact that Biotherm is a counter brand.***

***For more info on Purefect Skin, CLICK HERE.***

 

Purefect Skin Anti-Shine Purifying Cleansing Gel

Step 1: Cleanse

Having a thoroughly cleansed face is that important. A good cleanser cleanses well, without stripping the skin of its moisture. Yes, it does just that. I am amazed that it foams up very well. Seriously, I ain't expecting that. See the amount of white foamy goodness I get? I like that it is not harsh on the skin at all. And, my skin doesn't feel uncomfortably tight after cleansing. I love the fresh scent... very refreshing and soothing! I reckon it's the signature scent of Purefect Skin, coz the toner and moisturizer smell exactly the same. 

 

Purefect Skin Micro-exfoliating Purifying Toner

Step 2 - Tone

This toner will be good for those with oily/imperfect skin, but can be rather harsh for dry/normal skin. Now that my skin is no longer troubled, it proves to be too drying for my skin since it contains alcohol, which causes my skin to flake - at the nose area to be specific.

That said, I really enjoyed using the toner when I had troubled skin. It exfoliates the skin gently, removes impurities and preps the skin well for moisturizer application. My skin is freshened up and looks less shiny (mattified). 

 

Purefect Skin Pure Skin Effect Hydrating Gel

Step 3 - Moisturize

This feels really lightweight, which is easily absorbed into skin. I appreciate that it is non-sticky, leaving my skin mattified for hours. Moreover, I find that it is pretty hydrating though it is an oil-control product.

All in all, Purefect Skin is indeed perfect purefect for those with troubled skin - tested and proven by yours truly. I find that my skin is less prone to breakouts after sticking to Purefect Skin 3-step skincare routine. Oh yeah~ My skin is back to normal! Thank goodness!

For those with troubled skin, do try out Purefect Skin! Hope my review helps. Thanks for reading (:

No comments:

Post a Comment