Monday, October 15, 2012

My Holy Grail Heroine Make Long & Curl Mascara

I've never stop raving about Heroine Make Long & Curl Mascara, ever since I tried it. In fact, I can never stop raving. I am truly, madly, deeply in love with it. The mascara I cannot live without, indeed. Holy grail standard, it is.

And so, it comes in a "RENEW-ed" version, which gives 120% longer AND darker (intense glossy black) lashes.

The "RENEW-ed" mascara is housed in a hot pink tube, looking so princessy with the pretty rose motifs (on the cap). The "old" version pales in comparison.

Both brushes look the same to me. 

The secret to 120% longer lashes lies in the mascara formula, which contains the Super Long Up Fiber - 1.5 times longer fibers!

The "RENEW-ed" mascara, pretty in hot pink!

The brush is curved, specially shaped to fit the natural curve of the lashes to ensure every single strand is coated and curled. The size is just right for me, easy to work with.

1. Bare lashes.

2. Curl lashes with lash curler prior mascara application.

3. Viola~ Nicely curled lashes!

4. Apply Heroine Make Long & Curl Mascara - place brush on the base of lashes and use the inner curve to brush upwards for extra curl.

Here's how my lashes look like, after applying 2 coats of Heroine Make Long & Curl Mascara. Awesome or what?! I've got the EYE POWER :P

The "RENEW-ed" version comes in a slightly wetter and darker formula. I don't really like my mascaras to be wet as drier ones tend to work better for me. Here's a nifty tip I learnt from the renowned makeup artist, Larry Yeo at the Haraju-Cute Launch Event >> after dipping the mascara wand into the tube, wave it in the air for a few seconds prior mascara application. This will help dry out the mascara formula, which is good in this case. Once the mascara starts to dry out in the long run, you can safely do without the wave-motion.

My mascara-ed lashes look so well defined, separated and fanned out. The short brush bristles ensure that each and every lash is coated evenly with mascara, from root to tip. Even the tiniest of lashes is not spared. And, the lovely fibers give the illusion of long fluttery lashes. For the record, the lashes don't feel heavy or stiff at all, despite staying beautifully curled all day long. No clumps, smudges, flakes or whatsoever. No amount of tears, perspiration, water and sebum can ruin my lashes. I don't think there's anything I dislike about this mascara. That explains why it's holy grail 

Heroine Make mascaras are well known to be a pain to remove. Bifesta Eye Makeup Remover does the job perfectly. It's gentle yet powerful! Mark my words (:

By the way, I'm using the same brand Smooth Liquid Eyeliner for this LOTD, which happens to be my holy grail too! See how intensely black it is... I ought to do a proper review on it soon 

I shall end the review with a photo taken at the Maybelline Lashionista Launch Event (credits to Valerie). Even from a distance, my mascara-ed lashes can still be seen clearly! 

Convinced? Go grab Heroine Make Long & Curl Mascara at Watsons!

***All info are extracted from press release.***

No comments:

Post a Comment