Saturday, April 16, 2011

A Black/Red Affair: KATE Bloggers' Event

Last Tuesday, I was invited to an exclusive KATE Bloggers' Event held at FUZE@283. Thanks Joanne for the invitation (:

The idea of holding this event at FUZE@283 was totally a brilliant one indeed! The beautiful gothic decor complement the event's theme (Black with hints of Red) so well.

And I got to know a new blogger friend, Vivian. That's June, wearing bold red lips.

I wore this edgy One Shoulder Drape Asymmetrical Dress for the event, bought from kindofwonderful.sg website. Nice eh 

My hints of red came from the bracelet I was wearing :p

Enter the world of KATE, where there's no more rules; unleash yourself and have fun!

Kimura Kaela is KATE's new model, the former one being Nakashima Mika.

Display of KATE products.

KATE gradical eyes palettes. I've this in GD-1


The very talented Mr Mikiya Hirai from Japan. He did a makeup demo, creating a day and night look using KATE cosmetics.

And, this is the host of the night, MTV VJ Holly. Soooooo pretty!

Mr Mikiya Hirai, using a tissue paper to blot off excess oil from the model's face. She already had some light makeup on, prior makeover.

The galore of makeup we got to play with, after the makeup demo!


I didn't take photos of every step, or rather I delete those super unclear ones. But I'll go through the steps in words form (:

  • KATE Lasting High Coverage Powder Foundation, to smooth out her skin tone. She's got really good complexion btw.
  • KATE Designing Eyebrow N, to fill her brows.
  • KATE Dual Blend Eyeshadow, for eye makeup. Tip: Mix the light and deep color to get a new color.
  • KATE Super Sharp Liner, to line the eyes with precision. The finished look is a slight winged eye look.
  • KATE Long Gel Mascara, to define and lengthen her lashes.
  • KATE High Coverage Pressed Powder UV, to set the makeup.
  • KATE Cheek Color S, to define the cheeks.
  • Brush on lightest foundation shade as highlighter (T-zone, above and below cheeks, chin).
  • To contour, brush on darkest foundation shade across sides of jaws.
  • For a pretty pout look, use a light foundation shade along the lip contour. Lastly, add a hint of shimmer on the cupid bow.

 

KATE Covering Concealer for Pores, KATE Covering Concealer for Under Eyes, KATE Makeup Base BB UV.

KATE Dual Blend Eyeshadows.

KATE Designing Eyebrow N.

KATE Lasting High Coverage Liquid Foundation, I used for my LOTD. Hmm.. I was the only one who removed my full makeup, just to fully experience KATE products :D

Mini photoshoot experience 

There's a mini Bloggers' contest going on @ KATE FB Fanpage. Do vote by clicking LIKE on my photo.

Here's the link: CLICK HERE.

Next, I'll be posting my LOTD for this event. Stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. Quite informative post on this black and red affair event. I am planning to arrange my best friend’s bachelor party and in search of excellent event space Chicago. It was a grand event and all our friends had an amazing time there.

    ReplyDelete