Monday, April 18, 2011

The Narcissistic Me; LOTD: No More Rules

This post, I'm going to show you the products I used for the LOTD (I did at the KATE Bloggers' Event) and my thoughts (on some of the products). Well, I was dying to try out some of the products. Nah, I'm not new to KATE cosmetics. In fact, I've used quite a number of their products. Needless to say, I fell in love with a few products while doing my LOTD. They're on my wishlist for now teehee 

  • KATE Lasting High Coverage Liquid Foundation OC-B
  • KATE Covering Concealer for Under Eyes
  • KATE Designing Eyebrow N EX-4
  • KATE Eyebrow Color LB-1
  • KATE Cheek Color S PK-1
  • KATE Quick Eyeliner BK-1
  • KATE Dual Blend Eyeshadow BK-1
  • KATE Liquid Rouge PK-6
  • KATE Mascara Base
  • KATE Volume Mascara

 

Products on my wishlist:

1) KATE Lasting High Coverage Liquid Foundation OC-B

I love the lightweight texture of this liquid foundation, which doesn't make my face look cakey. It provides medium coverage for my face, concealing redness and evens out my skintone. For me, I didn't use any powder to set the foundation as it dries down to a semi-matte finish after application. My face feels really smooth to touch. I must say the oil control part is pretty awesome. My face started to get lil' shiny after 4 hours or so.

2) KATE Dual Blend Eyeshadow GN-1

I've been wanting to try this but never got around to. Best part, it's included as part of the event's goodie bag! Thanks KATE! And Vivian as well, coz she kindly swapped colors with me (:

Will be posting a LOTD soon!

3) KATE Mascara Base

I think I do like this mascara base but prolly not as much as Majolica Majorca's Lash Bone White Fiber. I would say the formula is more wet but still, it does a pretty good job of creating length and volume for my lashes. It also holds the curls well. And I'm happy that it's included in the goodie bag too! 

4) KATE Volume Mascara

This mascara when paired with the mascara base gives heavenly results! My lashes became super duper dolly (think jet black, long & volumized)! Easy to remove as well.

 

The other products given in the goodie bag were KATE Super Sharp Liner BK-1 and KATE Long Gel Mascara :D

 

KATE Mascara Base

The semi-translucent white fibers adhere to my lashes quite easily and I didn't experience any fall-outs. Firstly, I curled my lashes with my own lash curler. After which, I applied on each eye, and waited for awhile before applying the Volume Mascara.

 

KATE Volume Mascara

It gives a jet black finish, which I love love love! The brush is slightly curved, with really short bristles at the inner part. I just need to brush using the wide side and wiggle up my lashes to give the curl effect. The longer bristles at the sides create volume and definition to my lashes. I would say if not applied right, the lashes will tend to clump up. The brush is relatively big and if not careful enough, the mascara might just ruin the eye makeup. No smudging. And, 1 coat is enough to create pretty lashes. 2 coats for dolly effect.

 

KATE Quick Eyeliner BK-1

I reached out of this instead of the Super Sharp one as I prefer to draw thicker lines for my eyes. The tip of the KATE Quick Eyeliner is firm, which doesn't bend when used. So even if you want to draw precise lines, it can do the job as well. Very easy to draw and there's minimal room for mistakes seriously! The color is not as intense as I would like but still, it looks fine on me. I go on 2 layers for my eyes. The swatch is just 1 stroke btw. What I love most is really the ease of use :D

I don't photoshop my photos to look perfect. You can still see the flaws on my face >.<



When the flashlight gets stronger, there's lesser imperfections :x teehee 

And I love my LOTD so much, that I started camwhore non-stop. Fret not, I collate them in 6-s.

 

Flooded with my faces...... FACE-SPAM Muahahaha xD

Thanks for reading! And "bearing" with my narcissism :x xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment