Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The Asymmetrical Cut (by Ken Hong, Evolve Salon)

I had a hair cut again, more than 2 weeks ago. 20th April MARCH (Sunday) to be exact. My last haircut was before CNY and I was kinda irritated by my messy long fringe. And so, when I received an email with regards to hair modeling, I happily replied. I wasn't particular about color or hair length. I just wanna try something new. Indeed, I got what I wanted...... I'm truly happy with my hair now 

And so, I was selected for the Color Zoom Workshop by Evolve Salon. Last year Aug, I was there for a Coloring Seminar. My hair makeover was done by the salon director himself, Ken Hong. Very honored indeed :D

Here's a not-so-clear photo, showing my dark colored messy hair. I finished reading the CLEO magazine I brought, to kill boredom. Instead, I was nearly bored to death by this April issue :/

Umm.. I think this is a process to lighten my hair color??

I think I like love this color on me :p Nah, I didn't go blonde. Prolly next time. Cool blonde sounds awesome eh 

Half-way.. I was there for hours and fell asleep every now & then LOL (x

Had my hair colored for quite a few times.. to get the desired result.

Can you see the red bits?

Frankly speaking, I wasn't very used to the super straight cut.. Kinda look like mushroom head -.-

Me love my right side though, and my asymmetrical fringe.. and.. the back of my hair!

Finally on my way home, after settling my ban mian dinner @ Kopitiam (Liang Court). My loud hairstyle was getting the attention of strangers :s

Took more photos when I got home..

Love this red patch!

The back of my hair. Asymmetrical too. Very stylo hor :x

Had my hair trimmed/curled. I also had a face makeover by a makeup artist.

Supposed to have red lips but then they think nude lips suit me better :s

STRAIGHT.

Heart this photo

I totally look like a boy, at least that's what my client said. I knew I would get all the unwanted attention having this hairstyle. But heck care, seriously. The very moment I stepped into office, almost all eyes on my hair -.- Shan't elaborate on the comments I received, bad/good or just plain sarcastic. So be it. I seriously can't stand random long-hair girls laughing at my hairstyle though. FYVM. MYOB can. My hair, not yours.

Ending this super photo-intensive post with another photo xD

Look like a criminal/psychotic killer? DA LANG's HAIR?

Pixie + Cool blonde next?

10 comments:

  1. YOu look good with all the hair up!!! (make you face look long and sharp)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i had my haircut similar like dat as well..one side longer than the other..n back looks like a boy haircut..n yes i received some bad comments as well but hu cares..?? im happy that hubby loves it n i knw im rocking the hair.. Short hair can look great too..think Posh Spice..!!!
    u r rocking the style girl..!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the makeup blogetteApril 5, 2011 at 6:58 PM

    think you can rock this short dramatic cut with either dramatic makeup/brows, or totally clear fresh skin. and the hoodie outfit look is very appropriate, you can pull off the boyish vibe without being like a tom-boy -- if that makes any sense at all. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha, I think you look good in it leh. Very funky, and short funky cuts for girls are all in the rage now. Don't bother about those long-haired girls in your office; I always semm to think they're too scared to do anything drastic to their hair. You shd be proud of yours. ^^ (Btw, I think it'll look even more chio once it grows out a bit)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice!!! It suits you leh. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. woahh I'm sensing the Agyness Deyn vibe in your photos! you're really very daring babe!

    I agree with you about those 'random long haired girls'. I used to sport very boyish cuts too and will wax my hair up when I was in my teens. And they called me weird names like Astro boy/ultraman (come to think of it, it's funny hahah). but some guys really do like girls with pixie crops cos they look different! I have always been irritated at those random girls who just want to play safe with their image, yet criticize others who want to have a change of image.

    love that you're confident of any look you're sporting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chantana, hahas long b'coz of my super high forehead =s Dunno wanna cut pixie next? Hmm..

    Ida Erin Chan, thanks thanks.. I did receive good comments as well.. those who think otherwise, they dunno how to appreciate? lol.. As long you yourself likes it, nothing really matters.. Woohoo~ your hubby is lovin' it too! Let's rock short hair!

    Sophia, yeah I'm doing just that.. either dramatic makeup look or just a clean-cut one.. The boyish vibe is strong when wearing a hoodie jacket or anything that's not girly.. Now, I still wear my floral dresses though I wasn't that comfortable initially.. coz I feel weird lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Regis, they were asking why my hair keep getting shorter and shorter.. mixed comments.. Nobody dares to mess with their hair length seriously.. Well, guys normally like long-hair girls.. It's a fact and norm too lol.. A stupid stranger (young girl with long hair) was poking fun at my hair to her bf or whatsoever.. seriously irritating much! Yes, I'm loving my hairstyle and plan to go shorter prolly.. Now, my hair a bit longer now esp. fringe part.. YEAH!

    Mya, thank you (;

    Syidah, I also think so too.. I never thought I'll be that bold enough to sport such an edgy hairstyle seriously.. Well, they'll never bare to cut their hair that short.. W/O long hair, confidence level will drop drastically.. I played safe for too long and I was very tired of my long hair and bangs.. That explains the multiple changes of hair color/style within a year =x Thankfully I'm more confident now, as compared to the initial stage lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. That picture of you with blonde looks good! You totally should try blonde next.

    And ignore those negative comments about you cutting it short, seriously I think you look good and edgy with short hair. I admire your courage to cut it short seriously, that's something I still don't dare to do because I have natural curl and if I cut short I'll need to style every morning. (And sacrifice my sleeping time! :P)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey thanks! Prolly you might wanna cut short too.. Try sth new.. You'll never know till you tried.. Well, It's a must to style for me too.. Just minimal will do.. I no longer have to wait that long for my hair to dry..

    ReplyDelete