Friday, April 22, 2011

A Fun Messy Affair; Depotting NYX Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencil 604 Milk

Depotting was fun yet real messy. Well, I'll definitely do it for my other NYX Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencils as well as the Glitter Mania ones. Much easier for me to use seriously :D

What you'll need:

  • empty 5g containers (I'm using a random container)
  • hairdryer
  • something to hold the pencil eg. plier
  • anti-slip mat

 

Instructions:

  • Place the 5g container on the anti-slip mat to prevent container from moving. If not, it'll be super messy.
  • Hold the pencil, with the tip facing downwards (contents will melt directly into the container) with the plier (no direct contact with the hot pencil).
  • Take the hairdryer and start blowing at the pencil. I get really excited seeing the melting process LOL xD
  • Wait for the contents to melt into the pot. It'll take around 5mins or so. Hands get really tired.
  • To make sure all contents are emptied, just blow into the pencil and you should be hearing a hollow sound.
  • Pls do not touch the container as it's really hot and the hot contents might spill onto your hands.
  • Just wait another 5mins for the contents to cool down and solidify. Done!

 

My very own NYX Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencil 604 Milk in pot form 

Rich creamy white :D Fret not, the heating process dosn't affect the consistency.

Jill Stuart Illuminance Eyes 101 Vintage Glaze (Limited Edition). My LOTD last year :D

Guess which set of swatches are with NYX Milk Base? ^^

 

Here's a really useful YouTube video tutorial. Have fun depotting!

 

7 comments:

  1. I wanted to try this for so long! Need to do so soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i heard that the pencil in the pot dries out very quickly once u depot, let us know how that turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the makeup blogetteApril 22, 2011 at 6:28 PM

    this is amazing! thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm guessing the ones on top are the ones with the NYX milk base? Heehee.
    I never thought of depotting my NYX jumbo pencils before. Do let us know if it really will dries out very quickly or not k?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm.. interesting! I never thought of depotting it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Michelle, it's fun and u gotta be patient!

    farrahdiba, oh.. I'll keep y'all updated!

    Sophia, whoever thought of it is a genius! (:

    ReplyDelete
  7. Candy, yups ^^ will be updating then!

    Chantana, ya v.interesting! try it!

    ReplyDelete