Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Fairy Drops Volume Burst Mascara Waterproof

Finally, my review on Fairy Drops Volume Burst Waterproof Mascara. Well, I meant to blog about this much earlier.

Hmm... better late than never, right? (haha! me and my excuses...) :P I bought mine via eBay before it was made available in Watsons. Oh... and I've got the Platinum version which I've yet to use... Oops!

Fairy Drops Volume Burst Mascara Waterproof contains Volume Up Powder, Wax and Fiber to make “Volume Burst” in one coat. Strong against humidity, it makes a strong curl. As it is water-proof, sweat-proof and tear-proof, it is good for marine sports. You need not worry about mess and smudge. ***extracted from sasa.com***

I love the whimsical design as well as the pretty colors put together. It does look cute and pretty, amidst my mascara stash.

US and Japan patented Fairy Drops Brush (Straight) catches even tiny lashes from their roots. Lashes are bitten between the balls and sharp triangular bunches are made. It pushes up making beautiful curls without clump.

How to use?

  • Comb eyelashes with eyelash brush. Curl up eyelashes with lash curler.
  • Take out the mascara brush. Let the eyelashes be bitten between the balls at the roots and brush upward for a curl.
  • Clean up brush or container and keep tightly closed after use.

***extracted from sasa.com***

The iconic Fairy Drops Mascara brush -- looks like 3 balls of brushes stuck together (lol). So unique!

Curling my lashes prior mascara application is a must. I apply two coats, which is just nice (in my opinion). The formula is not too wet, yet not too dry. I was surprised that my lashes still feel pretty soft to touch as waterproof mascaras tend to make lashes stiff.

The 3 balls really help in catching the tiniest of lash. I hardly apply mascara to my barely-there bottom lashes, since most mascaras don't do much in lengthening and defining 'em. This does -- thanks to the tiny mascara fibers and its vivid black intensity!

I like how it defines, separates, lengthens my lashes. My lashes doesn't feel clumpy at all.

Most importantly, it holds curls extremely well. In fact, all day long! I've used it numerous times, and it never once smudge or flake on me. The waterproof formula is no joke. Thankfully, it is easily removed with an oil-based makeup remover.

My only gripe is that it doesn't add enough volume for my liking. Nevertheless, it is a new addition to my HG mascara list.

My lashes can be distinctively seen from afar, without using fake lashes. How not to love this mascara?!

What's your favorite/holy grail mascara?

3 comments:

  1. ooh! it looks good! :'D i've been wanting to get it, but I still have my current (and favorite!) mascara, the Dolly Wink volume mascara.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also like Dolly Wink Volume mascara! Maybe you go get it after you're done with Dolly Wink? ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love lash extensionthe mink one feels so beauyifulanywats the only thing im so not used to is i rub my eyes too often and im too afraid when i wash my face it may fall out? though im sure they will stay there for two weeks safely? anyways love the lashes! beautiful on youpinklemonincrystal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete