Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Review: CandyDoll Lipstick, Lipgloss and Cheek Color

I talked about CandyDoll Base Makeup Series in the earlier post HERE. In this post, I'll be featuring their lip products (lipgloss and lipstick) as well as the cheek color.

  • Lipgloss (Macaroon Pink)
  • Lipstick (Ramune Pink)
  • Cheek Color (Peach Pink)

 

Retails at $25.90 each.

 

CandyDoll Cheek Color (Peach Pink)

A soft blushes of color that is natural and give you a perfect clarity. Long lasting throughout the day!

The cheek color swatch barely shows up on my hand, since my hand is darker than my face. This is a light wash of muted peachy pink, which is more suitable for those with fairer skin tones (NC/NW20 and below).

I apply this alone or over a more pigmented cheek color. Both ways work well for me, just that I need to be heavy-handed to get the color to show up on my cheeks.

 

    Lipstick (Ramune Pink)

    Gives you dewy cute pink lips.

    PS: You may use with Candy Doll Macaroon Pink Lip Gloss, it gives you a totally different experience!

     

    Lipgloss (Macaroon Pink)

    Ramune Pink is a nudish pink-beige color. The lipstick has a creamy texture and is well-pigmented (to cover my original lip color). Doesn't dry my lips.

    Macaroon Pink is a milky hot pink shade. The lipgloss is pigmented enough to be worn on its own. I like to layer over Ramune Pink though. The lipgloss does feel a lil' sticky, not as much as MAC's. Pretty moisturizing, in my opinion.

    Hmm... As my lips are rather dry at the moment, the application is not really smooth sailing. Both lip products are unforgiving on my dry lips, accentuating the flaky bits and lip cracks. It's best to apply on well-hydrated lips.

    Lipgloss (Macaroon Pink) and Candy Doll Cheek Color (Peach Pink)...

    My favorite look -- Lipgloss (Macaroon Pink) layered over Lipstick (Ramune Pink) plus Cheek Color (Peach Pink)

    That's all. Thanks for looking!

    ***All product info are extracted from press release.***

    No comments:

    Post a Comment