Friday, July 30, 2010

Kim Robinson Workshop

my new hairstyle, nice ?

 

:

:

:

 

hahas no i didn't cut my hair that short. i lack the courage to :D anyways, i went for this worshop conducted by Kim Robinson hair salon, thanks to jones ! she posted an entry about her friend beng lee who need hair models for presentation/workshop. and so, i emailed her friend as soon as i saw her post :p

on 26 july, i went for the workshop for long haircut alone -,- there was no more slots so jones can only go on the 27th for short haircut (ps: i saw her new hairstyle ! guess she'll blog about it soon :p seriously very nice !) hmm i chose the long haircut since i wasn't ready for v.short hair. actually my hair was v.long and i was planning to let it grow till waist length. oh well, i couldn't let this chance go by, right ? :p

ahh the sad thing is no one could tell that i had my hair cut -_-" prolly because mine is still considered long hair after the hair cut. in actual fact, about 40% of my hair was chopped off ! can't tell right -_-" now, my hair is very layered. i love my hair to be layered as my head certainly feels alot lighter than before. my friends don't like though as they think it's hard to maintain. nah, i don't think so (:

hmm let me tell you my experience :D the workshop i went to is basically a normal haircut by hairstylists from various salons. they are either trainees or experienced hairstylists trying on new cutting styles that they've learnt from the morning presentation. i reached the place on time and the moment i entered the workshop area, i felt quite intimidated. the hairstylists were indonesian chinese, most. quite a number of hair models reached by then. when i was seated there, some of the hairstylists came over touched my hair etc. btw they draw lots to be assigned to individual hair model.

my assigned hair stylist was an indonesian chinese lady. actually she didn't cut most of my hair. Mr Daniel Ng, creative director of Kim Robinson cut most of my hair while teaching and demonstrating the steps to the hair stylists (HAPPY ! xD) everybody had a chance to have their hair cut by him. it was interesting though, listening to him teach them in fact :D after the haircut, he even complimented himself that it's nice hahas ! the hair stylists still cheekily exclaimed, "hair nice, or face ?" DOT.DOT.DOT. i could feel myself becoming red instantly -_-"

anyways after the haircut & minimal styling, i was given a set of goldwell rich repair shampoo and conditioner (YIPEE ! so unexpected !) free haircut and free hair products Xp overall, it was truly an awesome experience for me. an eye-opener in fact. i'll love to participate in future workshops/presentations :3 

ok here's a close-up of my eye makeup for that day.


love my mascara-ed lashes, thanks to the lovely combination of helena rubinstein glorious mascara 01 star black & sasatinnie super dolly powerful curling mascara black (: the glittery parts came from canmake jewelstar eyes 04.

17 comments:

  1. :rotfl: I really, really thought you cut your hair short! :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you're really pretty! And short hair looks very good on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. mya, hahas i didn't.. but i feel like cutting it real short after seeing jone's new hair =p

    jigglyloves, you're so pretty yourself ! love your radiant complexion and your hair too~ yeah i shall keep myself occupied for now reading your blog (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wa! Nice lehs. I thought you really go cut lehs! But just saw you yesterday what! Hahaha. But nice lehs! Haha. I sure cannot pull off, need long hair to hide my big face.Hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol i got cheated too! thought you snipped it short! but i think u suit both short and long hair, nice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. minru, oops hahas i scared la ! my face is big but guess short layered hair can cover my face ^^

    blush-overload, ahaas ! thanks girl, if only i've the courage to..

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks chantana, jone's one v.nice ^^

    ReplyDelete
  8. come to think of it, a short pixie-style will look good on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look good with both short and long hair!

    Hee I just had a hair cut recently too~ And I chopped more than 50% of hair including those heavily layered ones. Now my head feels like I've taken off 1kg of hair =) But cos of that I can't tie a Japanese bun on my head anymore =(

    ReplyDelete
  10. I thought u cut your hair too! So that day when I saw you, you had this haircut alry, very nice, love the layers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. hazel, woah that's short.. i scared i can't pull off -_-"

    candy, i also can't tie the bun anymore :C hmm as long as the hairstyle is nice doesn't matter right heez~

    kim, yaaa but not many can tell the difference.. or should i say none :C if i never say, no one will notice lor

    ReplyDelete
  12. u look pretty with short hair too! ((:

    ReplyDelete
  13. Can can, you can pull off with long or short hair. It's funny how long and short hair affects how one feels. Long hair makes me feel more feminine, while short hair makes me feel very cool and confident.

    ReplyDelete
  14. thanks dooey89 ! ^^

    mariash, one must have high confidence to pull off short hair look.. while long hair is a common favourite (:

    ReplyDelete
  15. Eh... your short hair is even nicer than mine! Daniel commented that the stylist who cut my hair cut it too short! I wanted something like your short hair version!.. aiyo you should have join me on 2nd day.. kekex.. My friend's one is even darn nicer lah! Hers is seminar one fully cut by Daniel.. Love her hair colour and hair style!
    I shall see you coming workshop again! hehex~ and chantana going too! *dances in circles*

    ReplyDelete
  16. waa fully cut by Daniel !! sooo gd !! confirm nice lor. ahh you ask beng lee already ? can choose color or ? can update me the details thanks girl ^^ shall see you and chantana at the workshop then !

    ReplyDelete