Friday, July 30, 2010

Mentholatum Acnes medicated skincare

thanks Fr3b once again for giving me the opportunity to try out full size Acnes 3-step kit (just in time to combat my awful zits) !

i was given Acnes medicated creamy wash, Acnes medicated sealing jell & Acnes medicated powder lotion.

besides these 3 products, Acnes medicated skincare has others like Acnes foaming wash, Acnes clear & white wash, Acnes oil control moisturizer, Acnes UV tinted milk, Acnes point clear, Acnes oil control cleansing sheet, Acnes tea tree oil clay mask, Acnes oil control mask & Acnes nose pore strip. those underlined ones i'm interested to get 'em :D

actually, i've used Acnes medicated creamy wash before. i bought it immediately when Acnes medicated skincare was available at watsons. back then, the product variety wasn't that extensive. i remembered that i like this cleanser pretty much and i finished using it quite fast since it's a rather small tube.

i like the refreshing lime smell. it foams pretty well but i guess the foaming wash will be much much foamier (i like) :p

after cleansing, it leaves my face feeling matte and moisturized. yipee ! thumbs up definitely :D

here's a yucky close-up of the awful zits on my forehead :C

ooo this is an interesting product which contains oil-absorbing powder to keep face clean and fresh for long hours ! WOW i like ! the before and after shaking pictures hahas ! my face feels refreshed (very soothing) and i love the minty menthol smell (weirds uh xD) the smell is not over-whelming, no worries ! super like this :p

the last step will be applying this sealing jell on my blemished skin. the feeling is quite soothing, which helps to calm my skin pretty well. btw it contains Sulfur which is an effective way to treat acne and pimples. Sulfur works against acne by causing peeling or exfoliation of dead skin cells from the surface layer of skin. however, though it can clear whiteheads and blackheads, it doesn't work for the more severe cystic acne.

and so, do try before you buy (i'm so naggy hahas !)

6 comments:

  1. I got the facial foam! But I don't really like it cos it's a bit drying for my cheeks =(

    And a funny thing is, I'm using the sealing jelly as my t-zone make up base because it does helps to absorb oil!

    ReplyDelete
  2. izzit ? i finished up 1 tube, now this is my 2nd but i don't find it drying.. hmm different skin ba ^^

    ooo i'm still new to the sealing jell.. so far so gd though.. my skin appear to be clearer now so happy can.. i'll continue using 'em for now.. u use the powder lotion before ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmm I guess so? Didn't get to try the powder lotion before yet... Maybe it's time I should go Fr3b to grab a freebie? =P

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahas u should.. love the powder lotion ! i'm gonna get 'em as well =p

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this range might suit me better than the Hada Labo, that was too hydrating for my face, even though my skin felt so smooth and soft! Would love the try this though, but sian to buy full size, you wanna let go of samples? HAhaha

    ReplyDelete
  6. No problem but I haven't go n get the samples yet :3 Hahas

    ReplyDelete