Thursday, April 18, 2013

McDonald's The Spicy Faceoff: McSpicy vs Black Pepper Flamer

My all-time favorite McSpicy has finally meet its new challenger!


From today (18 April 2013) onwards, McDonald’s is set to tantalize your taste buds with their NEW! Black Pepper Flamer. Along with the new burger, there will be two more new menu items - Citrus Thai Shaker Fries and Lychee McFizz. Do note that they are available for a limited time only!


Thanks to Janet (OMY), I had a sneak preview of the new offerings from McDonald’s!


Lychee McFizz ($2.40) is simply a concoction of lychee syrup with Sprite. A refreshing drink, without being overly sweet. On a random note, I really like the color of this beverage, which is a subtle pink by the way 


*shake-shake-shake* 

Citrus Thai Shaker Fries ($2.75) taste like Tom Yum, minus the spiciness. Not spicy at all! 

Ahh... I miss Seaweed Shaker Fries! That is like my favoritest Shaker Fries flavor ever... and I might have changed my mind after trying the Citrus Thai flavor. Okay, maybe not. Both are equally good, seriously!


The event kicked off with two good-looking 'chefs' contending for "The Spicy Faceoff"... Let the flames begin!


McSpicy has been around for 10 years and counting!


Will the NEW! Black Pepper Flamer win the battle?


Looks like it's gonna be a tough fight! 




We were served the NEW! Black Pepper Flamer burger, followed by McSpicy. Well, we were supposed to take few bites, taste, and choose our favorite (spicy) burger. Apparently, the Black Pepper Flamer (meal: $6.40) was soooooo good that I finished it up! 

I don't usually fancy buns. However, the lightly toasted cornmeal dusted bun was soft and fluffy enough to win me over. Fried to perfection, the chicken patty was crispy on the outside, super juicy and tender on the inside. Well-marinated with a feisty combination of black pepper, cumin and other spices, the taste somewhat reminds me of peppery tandoori chicken.

It wins my heart though it (surprisingly) lacks the spicy factor. If you think McSpicy is too spicy for you, try this... and fall in love! :d~



Come to think of it, I've been eating McSpicy for so many years... 10 years and counting! Umm... that explains my size :,/

Well, McSpicy is definitely much spicier... like 3x? One can taste the spiciness upon the 1st bite. Anyway, I finished up the juicy meaty chicken patty but not the sesame bun. Not a fan of buns. #justsaying


And so, I casted my vote for... 


Black Pepper Flamer! 
(PS: At the event, McSpicy won.)


Actually, I like BOTH! Burgers, I mean :P



Woohoo~! Lucky me won $50 McDonald’s vouchers 

That's all for now. Go try the new spicy challenger, Black Pepper Flamer and vote for your favourite HERE.
(Psst... Black Pepper Flamer is leading!)

***All info and unmarked images are extracted from press release and McDonald's Singapore FB Page.***

No comments:

Post a Comment