Saturday, April 27, 2013

Dasoda SJ Separate & Curl Mascara

I just realized I haven't review mascara(s) for the longest time. The last was Lashionista. So far, I've been trying out a few new ones... and going back to my trusty ones (think Heroine Make) when I'm out for events and such. 

And so, I'm back with a review on Dasoda SJ Separate & Curl Mascara. Dasoda is a relatively new brand by the way, if it seems unfamiliar to you. 

CLICK HERE to read more about Dasoda.


The packaging is simple - a black tube with gold wordings and cap.

***Image credits to http://www.dasoda.jp/***

I was really excited to try out this new mascara, since it seemed promising. Besides, I heard fellow beauty bloggers raving about Dasoda's mascaras.


The mascara brush is hourglass-shaped, with short bristles. 


Does it live up to its claims?

Yes and no.


This is 3 coats of mascara, with my lashes curled (with eyelash curler) prior application. Dasoda SJ Separate & Curl Mascara does not hold curls well as my lashes droop shortly after application.

I like mascaras that have a slightly dry formula and it fits the bill. However, I find that it coats my lashes thinly albeit evenly. Even after 3 coats, my lashes look really sparse. I don't think it lengthens. Neither does it volumizes. I do like that it separates my lashes pretty well, giving them a bit of definition. 

And, I also like mascaras that are black-black but this mascara's black is not that rich. 

No doubt, this mascara has more misses than hits. Overall, my lashes look really natural... with no clumps, smudges or flakes at the end of day. If you love dolly lashes like I do, you can layer a volume mascara over it. 

Though it has a waterproof formula, it can be easily washed off using lukewarm water. I prefer using an eye makeup remover though.

Dasoda SJ Separate & Curl Mascara retails for S$25.90, available exclusively at Sasa.


No comments:

Post a Comment