Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Selsun Blue Anti Dandruff Shampoo

Few months ago, I was suffering from the occasional itchy scalp. I noticed there were flaky bits that looked nothing like dandruff, hence I concluded that it was not a case of dandruff (or anything worse). The itch literally drove me nuts! I kept scratching my head, which results in bleeding. Yes, it is THAT bad!

Thankfully, I had the opportunity to try out Selsun Blue Anti Dandruff Shampoo that is said to be able to control itch. So... did it work for me?

My bro thought that it was detergent (lol)

Selsun Blue Anti Dandruff Shampoo is specially formulated to control the scaling, flaking and itching of the scalp associated with dandruff. It contains Selenium Sulfide 1%, which attacks the root source of the dandruff, treats dandruff and controls recurrence effectively. 



The shampoo comes in a milky orange liquidy form with a slightly thick consistency. Taking into account it is both a shampoo and conditioner (2-in-1), it lathers quite well. The scent is pleasant, a lil' stronger than the regular shampoo. 

It cleanses well and relieves my itchy scalp slightly after using it for the 1st time. And, I like that it does not dry out my hair like most anti-dandruff shampoos do. That being said, I still use a separate conditioner after using it.

Do note that it is not meant to be used as a daily shampoo. I used it twice a week for 2 weeks and saw results! Now that I've used it for 2 months (at least once a week), my scalp does not itch anymore! #truestory

Well, I am not sure if it does get rid of dandruff. However, if you do not suffer from dandruff, it can be used as a prevention. 

Selsun Blue retails for $12.90 (200ml), available at Guardian, Watsons, National Skin Centre, SGH, CGH, pharmacies and supermarkets. 

***All info are extracted from press release.***

No comments:

Post a Comment