Monday, April 15, 2013

Back to Loud Colors - Blue (& Purple)

I am offically back to loud colors, blue (& purple). If you've been following me on IG or twitter, you would have seen my current hair color. Having primarily blue hair was never on my agenda. Well, this has gotta be the craziest decision ever. 


My previous orange-red hair had faded to a copperish brown. For my hair to look blue, bleaching is required. A light blonde to be exact. Let's say... if my hair were to be a yellowish blonde, it will result in green or teal instead of blue. 



And so, my hair was bleached twice. I quite like the blonde look actually... but I don't think I would go blonde? heh.



Here's my newly appointed hairstylist, Chisato, from Tokyo Japan! She has 8 years of hairdressing experience from Shibuya, Tokyo's most colorful and stylish district. 

She's very-very friendly! If you love trendy and beautiful hairstyles, do look for Chisato!


I thought my hair would look like hay after going through all the bleaching and coloring. Not at all! My hair was so soft and smooth!


I love the varying tones in my hair!


Some haircare tips that I learnt...

  • It is advisable to apply a leave-in conditioner daily on completely blow-dried hair. Do not apply it on slightly damp hair as it will create a sticky mess.
  • Try not to shampoo your hair daily. Every 2 to 3 days perhaps. Use cold water to prevent fading. The hair color will last longer.

A week later, I went back to the salon to touch up my roots and darken the hair color. 

BEFORE...

AFTER...



I love this royal blue color on me, as it makes my skin look fairer and brighter  


My blue hair has been grabbing attention everywhere I go. Not to mention, getting lots of compliments :P


It is quite fun to have blue hair. I'm lovin' how my hair stands out in photos 

Thank you, Chisato for my awesome blue-blue hair!

***Unmarked image credits to Shunji Matsuo Hair Salon at 313 FB Page.***

313 Orchard Road, #03-26, 313@Somerset

Tel: 6238 0226 / 6238 0227

Website: www.shunjimatsuo313.com.sg/

FB Page: www.facebook.com/HairSalon313

2 comments: