Tuesday, January 3, 2012

1st LOTD of 2012; My Favorite Look

My 1st LOTD of 2012 - Smoky Eyes. My favorite kind of look; "VERY ME"!

The makeup tools:

  • Barry M Intense Black Eyeliner Pen
  • Majolica Majorca Customize Sword Cut BR771
  • KATE Deep Eyes GY-1
  • Shu Uemura Make Up Color Palette The Basic
  • Sana Gafixx Matsuge Gatch-ly Mascara
  • Duwop Venom Gloss in Coral Tree

 

Had a light makeover after Clarins Skin Time... A mix of Instant Light Complexion Perfector 00 Rose Shimmer & liquid foundation (not sure which range though =.=)... To set the makeup, the BA brushed on Loose Powder 01 Translucent. I touched up a lil', using Lioele Real Crystal Twin Cake 02.

Using Barry M Intense Black Eyeliner Pen, I tightlined the upper lashline and extend beyond the lashline. The liner is slightly thicker for my right eye, to balance my uneven eyes. For the lower lashline, I only lined 1/3 of the outer corner and extend beyond the lashline. Make sure that the extended lines meet at the ends.

I applied the darker taupe shade (KATE Deep Eyes GY-1) on the outer-V, then the light pale peach shade on the inner corners (upper and lower lashlines) and the lighter taupe shade at the middle area. Next, I applied the black shade over the lined area (upper and lower lashlines), more on the outer-V.

To highlight the brow bone, I applied P Pink 103 (Shu Uemura Make Up Color Palette The Basic) using a fluffy brush. Use the same brush to blend out harsh lines. For the cheeks, I brushed on P Amber 87 from the same palette.

This is one of my absolute favorites, KATE Deep Eyes GY-1.

I'm not sure if you can still find this in stores, as it is not a new collection.

The beautiful swatches...

I use all the shades except gunmetal gray, for this look.

Another new favorite black eyeliner - Barry M Intense Black Eyeliner Pen.

I got it from ASOS.com, and it's cheap (I got it in a set).

On its own, it retails for £4.00.

The black is pretty intense, and can be used on the waterline (with minimal fading after 3-4 hours).

As the focus of this LOTD is the eyes, I used a light color (Duwop Venom Gloss in Coral Tree) for the lips.

What's your Favorite Look?

No comments:

Post a Comment