Sunday, January 1, 2012

Korean Style Makeup (The Basics)

안녕하세요 Anyong-haseyo!

Have you noticed that Korean actresses all look so naturally flawless, with their barely there makeup. It is no secret that most of 'em have gone under the knife (plastic surgery). Makeup is still pretty much needed to bring out their (surgically-enhanced) features.

And so, the Basic Korean Style Makeup Look is all about having that flawless, glowy complexion. I've particularly noticed their thick, straight brows. Their eyes are subtly defined (minimal or no eyeshadow, lightly mascara-ed lashes). Natural color for the lips.

I'm using the following products to achieve the Basic Korean Style Makeup Look:-

*Note: Products highlighted are provided by beauty company for review purpose.


As you can see, I didn't use many products for this look. Everything was kept fairly simple.

BB Cream, is a must. Gowoonsesang Brightening Balm SPF30 PA++ does the job for achieving flawless complexion. Palgantong Theatrical Powder (Pearl Beige) is lightly applied to set the makeup for that lovely glow.

To conceal my dark eye circles, I used the illuminator part of Lancôme Rénergie Yeux Multiple Lift.

Lancôme Le Crayon Sourcils (Brun).

No eyeshadow was used. Using K-Palette 24H Real Lasting Eyeliner 01 Black, I drew thinly, as close to the (upper) lashline as possible (slightly winged out at the end). For my right eye, I drew a lil' thicker to balance out the eye look. I lined the lower lashline,with Barry M Intense Black Eyeliner Pen.

Only 1 coat of L'oreal Voluminous Waterproof Mascara (Black) was used for my upper and lower lashes, to naturally define 'em. I did curl my lashes beforehand, just that the mascara didn't hold the curls well :/

I merely smeared on Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm, for a light sheen on my lips. To finish the look, I used Canmake Powder Cheeks PW20 for a natural pink flush on my cheeks.

감사합니다 Kamsahamnida! That's all for now.

3 comments:

  1. your skin does look natural and flawless! i love the look (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. less is more! i like the natural look :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahh.. thanks gals (:

    ReplyDelete