Thursday, January 12, 2012

Review: Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque

Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque, I suppose many are familiar with. It is something I'll use, when I'm having breakouts on my face.

Comes in a really big tube (226.8g). It is supposed to help dry up acne/pimples, rinse away blackheads AND shrink enlarged pores.

I totally look like "The Mask" (though not as green), after applying the mint-color clay masque.

I did apply the masque generously on cleansed face. Really easy to spread on the skin. It has got a strong minty scent, which I really like. Pleasant, in my opinion. Upon application, it gives my skin a nice tingling sensation. Very refreshing and soothing feeling.

It takes about 15 mins or so, to dry completely. Basically, you can't laugh after the masque firms and hardens. To remove, I simply use warm water. There's no need for washcloth actually. It is easy to remove, with no residue left on the skin.

Like what's stated on the tube, my skin feels absolutely clean, refreshed and smooth after cleansing off the masque. I like that my face appears less oily than before; it helps in oil-control! I don't think it helps to rinse away blackheads/whiteheads though. However, I notice that the blackheads/whiteheads are easier to extract after using the masque. Yay~ to that!

It also lives up to the other 2 claims - dry up acne/pimples AND shrink enlarged pores. My skin feels DEEP CLEANSED indeed! I like to use a hydrating sheet mask after which, coz my skin does feel a lil' taut after using the masque.

This is truly an effective AND (very) wallet-friendly masque to try out. My sis bought it for <$5USD in the US (Btw, this is her 2nd tube. A relatively new one.). You can get it online at drugstore.com, or sites like eBay.

 

Have you tried Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque?

Yay or Nay?

9 comments:

  1. Chinatown got sell.. about SD$14+

    But this might feel abit too strong for sensitive skin.. I can't apply this on my whole face.. used a few times on my nose and chin and I gave up! (Abit wasted for me! kekkekee)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I think chinatown also sells it! i rem some of the bloggers were raving about it about a year ago, they even meetup to get the masque together at chinatown.. lolx..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ya lor.. I'm one of them... Wahahahahhaa

    ReplyDelete
  4. @everbluec - LOL I was also one of them.. hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sophia: That was a fun day!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I tried it too! But it got too difficult to get the product out of the tube that I gave up. I was literally panting when I squeeze the tube! Haha. But it is effective. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. @rusty - yaaaaa omg you can train arm muscles just squeezing the stuff out! in the end it's my bro who used up the tube.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Chantana, it doesn't work for all skin types.. Glad it does for me :p You can pass to your sis?

    Minru, oh haha.. so far I had no problem squeezing the masque out :p Glad it is effective for you too.. Cheap & gd

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lolx @ na & sophia! XD

    ReplyDelete