Sunday, January 22, 2012

Subtle Cat Eye Look

I took a considerable time doing this makeup look. More than an hour, in fact. I spent most of the time doing my eye makeup, ensuring it was wearable enough (before I head out for the Keratinology event).

Yes, I finally used Essence I ♥ ROCK gloss eye pencil! I lined the upper and lower lashline thicker than usual, extending a little beyond the eye. As it was supposed to be subtle and wearable, I didn't make the line thicker towards the outer end. Then, I applied Stila Mineral Matte Eye Shadow in Batura (a dark gray shade) over the liner as it smudges on its own.

For the entire lid area (above the liner) and lower lashline (over the liner), I applied Maquillage VI144 (a lilac shade with silver micro-shimmer bits).

I literally spammed 3 different mascaras for my lashes - Maybelline Colossal Volum' Express Waterproof Mascara (to hold the curls), Majolica Majorca Lash Expander Frame Plus Mascara BK999 (to comb the lashes) & Heroine Make Volume & Curl Mascara (for volumized and glossy black lashes). That explains the time taken for this look yea. I like to experience with different mascara combi, to achieve my desired look. Some mascaras don't work wonders on its own.

For the eyebrows, I used the Mio Piccolo Automatic Eyebrow Pencil MB. I like how the color looks on me. Sad to say, it ain't long-lasting. I had to briefly touch-up the brows after merely 3 hours. *DOTS DOTS*

For overall contour, I used the bronzer part of Pop Beauty Cheeky Cake in Beach Beauti. I applied that under the cheek bones from the hairline to the apple of cheeks. Next, I applied Alobon Bake Blush 03 over. Finally, I used MAC By Candlelight MSF as a highlight just above the blush/bronzer area.

The base makeup products I used:- Kevin Beautymaker DNA Extreme Whitening Foundation (Natural) YSL Matt Pressed Powder No.1. I did some minor concealing with Kevin Beautymaker BB Mineral Concealing Cream.

I lightly brushed Kevin Beautymaker Bright Eye Pressed Powder under my eyes, to brighten up my peepers.

Last but not least, Laneige Snow Crystal Moisture Lipstick SYR02 Nude Beige on pre-balmed lips.

Me like this look on me :D

The next LOTD will be for CNY. I'm thinking simple sweet look?

What's gonna be your look for CNY?

2 comments:

  1. i love reflection of the sky in your eye hahaha. nice scenery!

    i like piling different mascaras on too but weird thing is i prefer semi dried mascara instead of the very fresh ones hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohh i didn't even notice the reflection! thanks for pointing that out.. as long as you like it, nothing else matters.. not weird la
    (:

    ReplyDelete