Thursday, May 24, 2012

Maybelline The Magnum Volum' Express Ultracomb Waterproof Mascara

Maybelline The Magnum Volum' Express Ultracomb Waterproof Mascara (long name uh), was one of the goodies I'd received at Maybelline Product Launch Event. I've used this for quite a number of times, enough for me to do a detailed review.

Retails for $19.90. FYI, it's developed in Japan but made in China.

Delivers all the benefits that you have always wanted in one neat little package... really? Read on to find out (:

metallic teal x glossy yellow

Comb mascaras are not new BUT this is really one-of-a-kind! I've never seen anything like this, so far.

The comb applicator is convex-shaped to fit Asian eyes. I like that the alternating elastomeric teeth are really gentle to the lashes. They easily grab/catch each lash from root to tip (even the teeny weeny ones), combing each and every strand smoothly without touching the eyelid. To apply, just need to comb through. It's not the usual zig-zag motion ya.

While it separates the lashes pretty well, its unique collagen-filled fluid does not volumize each lash by 7x the volume. In fact, there's barely any volume to speak of. I'm sure those who've used this, can attest to that.

The mascara formula is a lil' dry, which means you've to layer on the mascara fast enough to avoid nasty clumps. With the use of an eyelash curler prior application, the mascara-ed lashes stay curled all day long. Even without, the lashes look slightly lifted from the roots, with a sharp tip.

The mascara doesn’t flake or wear off when you rub your eyes UNLESS you rub 'em real hard. It's waterproof , so I'm glad to say that there's absolutely no smudges at the end of day. Though waterproof, it is easily removed with makeup remover (I highly recommend Bifesta Eye Makeup Remover). FYI, it is tested suitable for sensitive eyes and contact lens wearers.

Overall, I like how it feels as though I'm not wearing any mascara; my lashes feel so soft and lightweight. My sparse lashes look well defined and somehow fuller, coated in black. However, the mascara obviously doesn't do much for my barely-there bottom lashes. I'll recommend Maybelline The Magnum Volum' Express Ultracomb Waterproof Mascara to those who want natural-looking yet defined lashes. For those looking for a good volumizing mascara, this is definitely not for you.

***All product info are extracted from press release.***

 

No comments:

Post a Comment