Tuesday, May 22, 2012

The Black Beauty; Bihada Ichizoku Kurobarakamen Sheet Mask

I'm on a "mask-ing" blog roll. While I mask diligently, I don't really blog about it that much. Anyway, I'll be reviewing this mask which is very different from the conventional ones. Judging from the title, you should have guess its unique feature. Or should I say, color.

The mask name is such a mouthful, and it's in Japanese. Err... I know not what it means but... I do know that this mask is meant for brightening.

Mask description:

The secret of the black mask is the active moisturizing ingredients which help to adjust and restore skin's moisture level to keep face soft and smooth.

It is formulated with charcoal to hydrate skin and tighten pores. For brighter, fairer and translucent skin.

Retails at $8 (27ml).

Yessssss... it's really BLACK!

Well-well, it's a refreshing change from the usual whites. heh.

The mask material is very soft, I like! It isn't super thin hence doesn't tear easily.

I love the fact that it's super soaked with essence. As you can see, it fits my face contours very well. 99.9% perfection, I reckon. Yes, it adheres well too. Looks like "nose packs" on my face (lol)?

The photo was taken straight after I remove the mask. With the usual patting motion, the essence gets absorbed into the skin in no time. It feels a lil' sticky at first. Once it gets absorbed, the sticky feel is gone. Yay to that. Scent-wise, it smells floral to me. Nothing unpleasant, in my opinion.

No irritation or stinging sensation. Pretty soothing and moisturizing. I do notice a slight brightening and plumping effect after use. My pores are visibly minimized too.

Overall, I've to say it's a pretty good mask but... for the price of $8, I can easily buy 4-5 masks which can produce the same results. So, I don't think it's really worth to repurchase unless it's at a good promotion price.

Thanks for reading!

 

4 comments:

  1. I could try that. Japanese know how to catch our eyes with awsome packages! I love, love, love that! Love <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's hard to resist pretty packaging like this! (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. You bet. I am an easy marketing target LOL (and the worst is: I like being like that, haha) Kiss-kiss

    ReplyDelete
  4. In fact, most women are! Well, I'm no exception :P

    ReplyDelete