Saturday, May 5, 2012

Revlon ColorStay™ Pressed Powder SoftFlex™ in 820 Light

I've been looking for a pressed powder similar to that of my HG Maybelline Dream Matte. Within my existing stash, I managed to dug out Revlon ColorStay™ Pressed Powder SoftFlex™ in 820 Light. I think I got it at $14.90 (promotional price) at Watsons sometime back.

What it does

Glides on weightlessly to minimize shine for a fresh, naturally flawless look that won't fade off.

How it works

  • Exclusive ColorStay™ formula with micro-milled powder creates an ultra-fine finish that wears for 16 hours over makeup.
  • SoftFlex™ technology provides a lightweight, comfortable feel all day.

 

I like that it comes in this sleek and chic black powder compact case, with an embedded full mirror. The powder puff comes in handy, which is so much better than Maybelline's.

Note: It now comes in a new bulkier compact, with a half-mirror. Seems like most dislike this new design :X

ingredient list

This shade 820 Light, matches my skin tone (NC/NW20) pretty well.

As you can see, the powder is silky (very finely milled), which doesn't have much coverage. The barely-there coverage is fine with me, since I don't use it alone -- I use it to set liquid foundation/BB cream.

I like that it doesn't clog my pores and keeps my T-zone mattified for almost 8 hours! Pretty impressed though it's not the stated 16 hours. It's definitely on par with Maybelline Dream Matte Powder, which makes it my new HG!

The powder is applied lightly over my recently bought DHC Platinum White Lasting White Liquid Foundation SPF30 PA++ 01. My skin doesn't look powdery or cakey at all. Looks naturally flawless, in my eyes :P

 

No comments:

Post a Comment