Saturday, December 8, 2012

A Subtle Smoky, Contoured Look

This is an easy-to-create look, feat. (some) products from KATE's Autumn Winter 2012 Makeup Collection

Hmm... hope I didn't "scare" anyone with my very bare-looking face >.<~~

If you don't already know, KATE Powderless Liquid Foundation, is officially my new holy grail foundie. I really like love it that much! 

I selected the shade OC-B, which is perfect for my fair medium (yellow-based) skin tone. It has a lovely satin finish, and provides a natural medium coverage. I think the oil-control is not bad, as I do not need to blot much. Just once or twice at most.

The foundation is good enough on its own, without the need to set with loose or pressed powder. No concealer also.

I use Becca Eye Tint in Gilt as an eye base. Then, I apply KATE Deep Shiny Eyes PK-1, a gorgeous jewel-inspired trio eye shadow palette with well-pigmented colors. This palette give eyes a deeply mysterious and shimmery finish, with a resplendent and transparent shine.

I apply the pink-taupe shade over the lids. To brighten up the look, I apply the oyster pink shade over the inner half of lids and lower lashline. To make it look subtly smoky, I apply the dark pink-brown on the outer 1/3 of lids and that of the lower lashline, then blend.

To define the eye look, I line my eyes thinly with KATE Limited Colour Super Sharp Liner RD-1, winged at the end. The liner is easy to manipulate, drawing thin lines effortlessly. The dark red liner definitely makes an interesting addition to my liquid liner stash. I wished it is waterproof though.

Next, I curl my lashes and apply Bonavoce Ultra Volume Mascara to darken and thicken them. Brows are filled in using Shu Uemura Hard Formula Eyebrow Pencil.

Here's the 'before' and 'after' pics, illustrating the contour (jawline, nose) and highlight (forehead, nose bridge, chin, undereye) using KATE Slim Create Powder.

I don't bother to contour and highlight in the past. Now, I find myself doing so more often, as my features look subtly more defined thereafter.

For glowy cheeks, I apply The Body Shop All-In-One Cheek Color 01 Macaroon, a beautiful coral shade. To complete the look, I apply KATE Rouge Ex PK-20, a slightly shimmery (healthy) pink hue.

That's all for now. Thank you for reading.

*Note: Products highlighted are provided by beauty companies.

3 comments:

  1. love how your hair looks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i second hazel's comment, love how the hair looks on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Hazel & Gwen :D

    ReplyDelete