Wednesday, December 26, 2012

The Body Shop Winter Trend 2012

To start off this post, I would like to thank those who voted for me in The Body Shop Most Stylish Blogger Contest... though I know very well I'm not exactly stylish :x Hmm... I didn't win (duh~). It doesn't matter, really. I'm contented with the kind support - THANK-YOU (:

In early Dec, I had the privilege of attending The Body Shop Winter Trend Makeup Workshop by Larry Yeo. We were told to be in light makeup as it was a hands-on session. 

The event was held at Epilogue Café, ION Orchard.

- swatches of the beads >> gold, copper, mixed -

It was love at first sight + swatch! The combination of shimmering copper and gold beads in the Dazzling Rocks ($32.90), creates a gorgeous (copper-gold) sheen on the skin. I love how it subtly contours my cheeks, giving them more definition. When applied on the dĂ©colletage, the touch of shimmer is exceptionally sexy. This is definitely perfect for a dazzling party look!

Other than the Dazzling Rocks, TBS Winter Trend 2012 collection consists of several other products like Colorglide Shine Lip Color (4 shades), 4-Color Eye Palette (warm & cool), Eye Definer (4 colors), Slanted Kabuki Brush, The Sparkler (2 variants).

Colorglide Shine Lip Color ($22.90) comes in 4 luscious shades >> 10 Copper Mine, 12 Ruby Sparkle, 11 Rare Coral, 13 Rose Quartz. They are sheer color lipsticks with subtle shimmer, which impart a dewy shine on lips. Don't they look like "silver bullets"? So cute!

4-Color Eye Palette ($39.90) is available in cool and warm tones - 02 Smoky Moonstone & 01 Smoky Copper. Mini eyeshadow & eyeliner brushes are included, for on the go touch-ups.

- swatched dry without any base/primer beneath -

The eyeshadow colors are pretty pigmented. They don't feel chalky or gritty at all. The application is smooth, with very-very minimal fallouts.

Eye Definer ($19.90) comes in 4 metallic colors >>

  • Golden Brown
  • Pure Gold
  • Copper Brown
  • Moonstone

The smooth and creamy texture makes application a breeze. It is easy to apply, glides on the skin without tugging. It is water-resistant... but tends to fade (on the waterline) after a while.

Here's the smoky eye look, using colors from both palettes. It was supposed to be a "no-eyeliner" smoky eye look. I "cheated" a lil', by lining the outer 1/3 of my lids using Eye Definer in Golden Brown. On my lower lashline, I applied Eye Definer in Pure Gold, layering Eye Definer in Copper Brown on the outer 1/3 (faded by the time I reached home). Larry told us that highlighting the brow bone (to him) is very dated. Hence, he taught us how to define the brows subtly, using the (slanted) eyeliner brush with highlight shade (in the eye palettes). I've been following this nifty tip ever since.

My LOTD (look-of-that-day) using mostly TBS makeup.

The Sparkler ($39.90) is a limited edition (lightly-scented) atomiser that releases a fine shimmery powder to highlight the face, body and hair. There are 2 variants - Enchanting Gold and Dazzling Copper. Needless to say, I chose the former.

This is great for parties! It gives an elegant shimmery touch to the overall look, not crazily shimmery kind. 

Ahh... I'm officially in love with Ginger Sparkle range - smells sooo good! There's Body Butter, Shower Gel, Lip Dome, Hand Cream... just to name a few.

There's 3 different scents for the Hand Cream ($12.90) namely:- Vanilla Bliss, Ginger Sparkle, Cranberry Joy. I gifted my sis the cranberry one coz she loves sweet-scented stuff very-very much.

I had a wonderful pampering hand massage by the very skilful Herine :P Shiok neh~ I enjoy the lingering zingy ginger scent on my hands. Not to mention, my hands feel softer and smoother after which.

Hmm... I didn't really enjoy the food much... except for the mini macarons :X


***credits to The Body Shop Singapore FB Page for the photos above***

The event ended with us (the bloggers) "exploring" the ION Orchard store. We did made a slight commotion (in a good way of coz). Singaporeans are curious kaypo by nature, hence we sort of "attracted" more customers into the shop :P

- the gingerbread man -

Thank you The Body Shop Singapore for the basket-full of goodies! And, thank you Ching Yan for the lovely invite!

***All info are extracted from press release.***

No comments:

Post a Comment