Wednesday, December 5, 2012

BYS Basic Colors Nail Enamel - Ruby Jewel x Pouty Purple

I'm lovin' the combination of my favorite colors on my nails right now! 

By the way, Xinyi was saying it looked like "Captain America" theme. It does look like it, no?

I used BYS Basic Colors Nail Enamel in Ruby Jewel and Pouty Purple. The tinge of silver-white glitters come from The Face Shop Nail Color BK902.

Ruby Jewel is a gorgeous fuchsia pink, with very fine micro-shimmers. The consistency is kinda thin and runny. It takes at least 3 coats for an opaque finish. I like the color, as it flatters my skin tone well.

As usual, I couldn't photograph the exact shade of purple. It is actually a dark magenta, with very fine micro-shimmers as well. The consistency is slightly less runny than Ruby Jewel. It also takes 3 coats for an opaque finish. 

In my opinion, they do not apply as smooth as BYS Color Change Nail Enamel in Orange, albeit still relatively easy to work with. Though I did not use any top coat, my painted nails still look shiny.

It has been 4 days since I painted my nails. And, I'm glad to say they are still looking good with very slight tip wear. No chipping so far.

Oh, did I mention that the price is very affordable? BYS Basic Colors Nail Enamel retails for $6.90, exclusively available at Watsons. Shop away (:

No comments:

Post a Comment