Saturday, December 1, 2012

GLOMAX Aesthetics - Luminous Detox Energie Care Treatment

I used to go for regular facials in the past, to thoroughly treat my then clogged and congested skin. Within a year, I saw results. My skin became relatively clear and easy to maintain. That was when I stopped going for facials. 

About a month ago, my skin was in considerably bad shape. Super clogged and congested skin, never-ending breakouts, enlarged pores... no thanks to my itchy fingers :,/

I desperately needed HELP!

Lucky for me, Herine asked if I'd like to go for sponsored facial with her. How could I say 'NO'?! 

The facial treatment took place at GLOMAX Aesthetics, a minimalist SOHO salon, conveniently located near Clarke Quay MRT Station.

Address:
12 Eu Tong Sen Street
#6-168, SOHO 2 (Beside Swissotel Merchant Court)

Tel:
6225 5193 

A cosy and homely feel... I like (:

We were offered green tea, before a skin consultation with the therapist.

We then filled up a simple form, sharing our skin concerns, type of lifestyle, etc.

A pic of us, before the facial treatment. That's Herine with her very minimal makeup look, and I was totally sans makeup. See my tired-looking face. Fyi, we were there at 10am... =.=zzz

We were led to a dimly-lit "couple" room, where I had my first "couple" facial treatment (lol). 

That's yours truly, enjoying the facial treatment. 

We went through the same treatment - Luminous Detox Energie Care. It started with normal face cleansing, followed by diamond microdermabrasion - an ultimate skin purification that invigorates cellular renewal to treat clogged, pigmented and sallow skin. It involves a vacuum device, which gently suck out the dead skin cells and dirt. There was no discomfort at all.

Next, the therapist used a device called the Sonic Cleanser, to slowly and gently scrape the skin bit by bit. The process is not painful, which removes the gunk from the skin surface. 

A facial is not complete without extraction! It was definitely a love-hate affair - LOVE, when my skin feels/looks cleaner and clearer! HATE, when it hurts so much when it comes to extracting the stubborn bits! High frequency was used post-extraction to kill bacteria and calm the angry skin. I felt a tingling sensation every time the wand touches the skin. On a level of 1-10, I would say the pain factor is 5. It did made me twitch a little. Else, all was fine.

It was followed by using a cocktail* of vitamins to refresh the appearance of the skin by aligning skin cells in the top layer of the skin to achieve a clean and radiant glow. I love the cold sensation on the skin... so soothing!
*Depending on different skin type, ‘Energie Care’ cocktail of vitamins:
Whitening: Vit C (promotes collagen production), Pentawhite (anti-oxidant, super whitening), Green tea extract (anti-oxidant, whitening, anti-bacterial, lightening)

Finally, it was (double) mask-ing time! The therapist applied a layer of hydrating mask to replenish moisture, then facial net, followed by a detoxifying charcoal mask. While mask-ing, she gave me an intense head and shoulder massage. Damn SHIOK~!

The "before" and "after" pics don't show much of a difference. In real life, I could see my pores shrink in size. There was also this amazing glow on my skin (even before applying Skin Perfect Balm). The same goes for Herine. We looked incredibly radiant after the facial treatment!

The SRS Skin Perfect Balm, which was applied onto skin sparingly after the facial. It feels like my usual BB cream, with a smooth and lightweight consistency. It evens out the skin tone well, without looking greyish.

After applying a light layer of powder, blush plus filling the brows, we were good to go!

***credits to Herine for this pic***

Promotion for my readers:
Quote "Blogger Verlyn" to enjoy Luminous Detox Energie Care Treatment (90mins) at a special price of $58 (UP $168).

Thank you for reading. Hope my review helps (:

***All info are extracted from press release.***

No comments:

Post a Comment