Saturday, December 1, 2012

Looks feat. Pupa Luminys Silk Eyeshadow 300

In this post, I'll be showcasing 2 looks featuring Pupa Luminys Silk Eyeshadow 300. For swatches of the other colors in this collection, pls refer to this post HERE.

Luminys Silk Eyeshadow has a lovely satin finish. I love the texture, which feels really silky and soft. It can be applied dry, for a simple yet elegant look. It can also be applied wet for an intense, sophisticated look.

- ingredient list -

It comes with a soft sponge applicator. You can always use your favorite eye brush or your fingers to apply.

Pupa Luminys Silk Eyeshadow 300 is a medium dark burgundy brown color. Beautiful color, isn't it? The image above clearly shows how pigmented the eyeshadow is. I like it wet... love how intense it looks!  



This is a very-very light makeup look. Everything is kept relatively simple. I apply a light gold shade (Lunasol Aurorized Eyes EX01 Sheer Gold Beige Brown) as an overall base color and the Pupa eyeshadow (dry) over the lids. To subtly define the eyes, I apply a dark brown eyeliner (Stage Eye Liner 02 Broadway Brown), close to the upper lashline, slightly thickening it at the end. I also softly line the outer 1/3 of my lower lashline. To finish off the eye look, I apply a thin layer of mascara (Maybelline Lashionista). For eyebrows, I use all-time-favorite Shu Uemura Hard Formula Eyebrow Pencil.

For my face, I use The Body Shop All-In-One Color-adapting BB Cream 01 to even out my skin tone. The coverage is pretty light, hence I use Pupa Luminys Touch (shade no.2) to reduce the look of my dark circles. I also apply onto the nose bridge for a subtle highlight.

To set the foundation, I apply a thin layer of The Body Shop All-In-One Face Base 03. As for the cheeks, it is a beautiful coral glow, using The Body Shop-In-One Cheek Color 01 Macaroon.






This makeup look is more intense, as I apply the Pupa eyeshadow (wet) over the lids. I blend the gold color (Brigitte Romantic Eyes GD-1 Gold Brown) over the crease. Instead of the usual eyeliner, I use the dark brown eyeshadow from the same palette to line my eyes. I do it the usual way, close to the upper lashline and the outer 1/3 of my lower lashline.

The eyebrows are defined using Shu Uemura Hard Formula Eyebrow Pencil (as usual). Then, I lightly brush over the brow bone, using the highlight side (KATE Slim Create Powder). My brows look better defined this way, in my opinion. For dolly-looking lashes, I use ZA Volume Mascara, an amazing mascara I highly recommend!

I can't stop singing praises of my new found fave - KATE Powderless Liquid Foundation. This is a must-have! Though the coverage is only fair-medium, it evens out my skintone so perfectly. I don't like full coverage foundies, so this one is just right for my liking. No powder is used to set the foundation. On my cheeks, I use Brigitte Romantic Blush OR-1 Orange. Pretty orange blush, I say!

That's all for now. Have a great week ahead!

*Note: Products highlighted are provided by beauty companies.


No comments:

Post a Comment