Sunday, October 31, 2010

Review: L'oreal Youth Code

Here's a mini review on the L'oreal Youth Code products I had gotten from the Bloggers Event about 2 weeks back. All in all, I received were Anti-Wrinkle Rejuvenating Day Cream, Eye Cream Concentrate.

A quick refresh on L'oreal Youth Code:

  • Through the study of differences in gene expression between young and old skin, L'oreal Advanced Research, in collaboration with independent scientists, deciphers the "code" of youthful skin.
  • BREAKTHROUGH DERIVED FROM GENE SCIENCE
  • 10 YEARS OF RESEARCH !
  • 3 PATENTS
  • The patented Pro-Gen™ Technology is designed to help tired skin to recover and re-establish its natural "youth code".

 

Rejuvenating Anti-wrinkle Eye Cream

This eye cream targets especially crow's feet and under-eye bags (which I don't have, fortunately -.-") BUT I do have dark eye circles.

Can you see that it is actually slightly tinted (pale pinkish) ? The slight tint will help to illuminate the eye contour area, adding radiance. I apply half a rice grain size for both my under-eye area day & night.

Yays:

  • Non-greasy buttery texture.
  • Easily absorbed; melts into the skin.
  • My dark circles appear visibly reduced.

 

Nays:

  • Distinctive scent.
  • It will be good a spatula is included for scooping out the eye cream (hygiene).

 

Rating: (Very Good)

 

Rejuvenating Anti-wrinkle Concentrate

This concentrate targets more apparent wrinkles. So I applied this on my forehead, laugh lines, my neck area, day & night on perfectly cleansed face.

Yays:

  • Non-greasy creamy texture.
  • Easily absorbed; melts into the skin.
  • My skin feels soft, smooth & firm.
  • The wrinkles appear visibly reduced.
  • Of the 3 products, I'm not disturbed by the scent of this.
  • Squeeze-tube with a tiny nozzle, most hygienic as there is no direct contact with my fingers.

 

Nays:

  • None

 

Rating: (Very Good)

 

Rejuvenating Anti-wrinkle Day Cream


Concentrate vs Day Cream.

 

As compared to the eye cream & concentrate, this day cream has the lightest texture. It can be used day & night though it is stated as a DAY cream.

Yays:

  • I like the lighter gel-like texture, which is non-greasy too.
  • Fastest to be absorbed; melts into the skin.
  • My skin feels hydrated & smooth.
  • My skin appears to be more radiant & rejuvenated.

 

Nays:

  • It will be good a spatula is included for scooping out the day cream (hygiene).

 

Rating: (Very Good)

 

Overall, I like this Youth Code range as my skin has become visibly smoother and more luminous. This is great for those who wanna start using anti-ageing skincare products without breaking the bank.

That's all for now. Any queries, feel free to ask me. More skincare reviews coming up (:

No comments:

Post a Comment