Sunday, May 1, 2011

Viccal No 2.11 Serum & Hanamei Brightening Serum

I received these products for review from The Sample Store sometime in March.

Here's what I'd gotten: Viccal No 2.11 Serum & Hanamei Brightening Serum.

According to the survey I did, this was the recommended serum TSS provided me with.

No 2.11 (Detoxify & Heal)

Formulated with 11 active ingredients for calm, soothed skin.

This calming serum delivers detoxifying benefits to repair and renew skin's condition. It helps reduce the appearance of inflammation and diminishes the visibility of pores over time, improving skin texture naturally.

Continued use of the serum delivers positive cumulative effects on skin that is prone to breakouts to become calmer. Because the serum works to gently clarify the skin, it can also be used to improve the appearance of areas prone to mild eczema, blackheads and whiteheads.

Recommended for the following skin conditions:

  • Skin prone to breakouts, acne and mild eczema
  • Skin prone to blackheads, whiteheads and oil seeds

 

Content: 20ml

Retail Price: $165

How to use?

Apply 3-4 drops twice daily after cleansing and before moisturising.

Verdict:

I do like the idea of a dropper to dispense the serum. The serum is very watery and has a rather peculiar scent which I'm not really fond of. The serum feels abit oily and takes some time to be absorbed into the skin. I use 3 drops for my face and 1 drop for my neck. As much as I wanted this product to work for me, it didn't. Given the hefty price tag, I won't purchase it. Though it didn't cause me to have skin irritations or breakouts, basically it did nothing to improve my complexion. My blackheads and whiteheads are still there despite using the serum for about a month or so.

*Do note that what doesn't work for me doesn't mean that it won't work for you.

For more information on Viccal:

 

Viccal products can also be found at these clinics - CLICK HERE

Hanamei Brightening Serum

Contains multiple botanical actives to minimise ingrown hair and lighten darkened skin caused by hair removal and micro-abrasion especially at the underarms, elbows and kneecaps.

Naturally fragranced with organic Rosewater, this serum is infused with skin-nourishing natural actives that are easily and quickly absorbed for more radiant, moisture-charged and beautiful skin.

Use the Hanamei® Brightening Serum to:

• Minimise ingrown hair

• Lighten the appearance of skin darkened by hair removal and micro-abrasion

• Can also be used on the underarms, elbows or kneecaps to lighten and smoothen out rough skin

How to use?

Gently pat a few drops on the desired areas after cleansing for best results. Use twice daily and massage until serum is fully absorbed into skin.

Verdict:

I'm not fond of the scent of this serum as well. The scent still lingers on for awhile after application. The serum is very watery. It doesn't feel that oily and it absorbs into the skin quite fast. I use 2 drops each for my underarms. After using it for sometime, I find that indeed it minimises ingrown hair. There's no visible lightening of the skin as my underarms are not that dark to begin with. The only downside is that I experience slight itchiness using it. Anyway, I'm happily blessed that I don't have to worry so much about my underarms as I've seen some ladies struggling with unsightly underarms with ingrown hair.

For more information on Hanamei:

No comments:

Post a Comment