Thursday, May 12, 2011

Join The BB Generation - Maybelline Exclusive Blogger’s Party

Gen X...... Gen Y......

Now trending is...... the BB Gen!

Have you noticed that nowadays, more beauty companies are jumping on the BB Cream bandwagon? And, Maybelline is advocating us to join the BB Generation!

I was elated to be invited to Maybelline Exclusive Blogger’s Party. Since my sis was free that day, I brought her along to join in the fun :D

Group photo of the pretty ladies who attended this event (teehee) :p~ 

 

And so, the event was held at A Curious Teepee, located @ SCAPE. A store and a cafe/bar concept, a rather interesting place to chill-out.

O.O I spot giant-size Maybelline's lastest Baby Lips Lip Balms ($5.90). The cheerful colorful packaging is sooo attractive! Comes in 4 tempting flavours: Relieving MentholEnergizing Orange, Smoothing Cherry & Anti-Oxidant Berry. FYI, the lip balms are not tinted.

Ahh.. I see food! *drooling away*

We were the first few to arrive before the stipulated time 12pm :D

Weeeeee!~ Makeup for us to play with!  We were told to come with minimal makeup but my sis had almost full makeup on LOL!

The store area, which sells rather expensive random stuff.

The boxes of goodies laid by the side, to be given to us. Aww.. LOVES

  • Maybelline Clear Smooth Minerals BB Cream SPF 26/PA+++ (Fresh)
  • Maybelline Clear Smooth BB Cream SPF 26 PA+++ 02 Natural
  • Maybelline Baby Lips SPF20 Lip Balm (Anti-Oxidant Berry)
  • Maybelline Clear Smooth Shine Free Face Powder SPF18 02 Nude Beige
  • Maybelline Clear Smooth Shine Free Face Powder SPF18 03 Natural
  • Maybelline Makeup Remover Eye & Lip
  • Maybelline Impact Express Smooth Felt Liner 01 Very Black
  • Maybelline Eyebrow Pencil By Eyestudio (Brown)
  • Maybelline Angelfit Brighten Up Blush (Velvet Apricot)
  • Maybelline Angelfit Brighten Up Blush (Watermelon)
  • Daiso Cleansing Pad
  • Maybelline Pulse Perfection Waterproof Vibrating Mascara ->Extra Goodie!

 

And, I began to take photos of random stuff like erm.. cute mini cactus plants :3

I like this most! :D Pretty eh.

 

Enough of my randomness :p

Flawless just got easier with Maybelline Clear Smooth BB Cream!

We were given this cute badge as well, which I promptly pinned on my camera casing.

The old packaging vs the new packaging. 02 Natural is specially brought in to S'pore to cater to ladies with darker skin tones eg. my sis (MAC NC45) :x But then again, I don't think it's suitable for really dark skintones coz 02 Natural looks kinda fair on her.

My hand's skintone is darker than my face. 02 Natural blends seamlessly on my hand but actually the Fresh shade is the better match for my face.

It looks kinda ashy on my hand but in fact, it really gives me an almost flawless finish on my face!

 

Hungry me finally see food served :s

I forgot what is this called but I do remember it tasted pretty good.

And, here's pretty Jerlaine presenting to us an insight of Maybelline's new products.

Julyen (the MUA) and Shermaine (model of the day).

He was given the challenge of completing basic makeup look (BB Cream, Face Powder, Liquid Eyeliner) within 3mins! I guess most ladies will literally gasp at the limited time given. It was almost Mission Impossible as most ladies will take at least 10-15mins for basic makeup.

He was explaining the steps and products used while doing the makeup. It was clearly not an easy feat.

With only BB Cream on.

Brushing on Face Powder.

Liquid Eyeliner. It will be much easier if pencil liners are used instead :p

Done!

And so, we were split into groups for the makeup challenge. The group, which has the shortest average time taken to finish their makeup wins. Each will get $100 Topshop vouchers. Jones, Chantana and my sis didn't join -.- Anyway, my group which consisted of 3 persons didn't win since other groups had at least 4 participating. More people in the group will win actually, coz it's based on average. Bye-bye to Topshop voucher...... >.<

On average, we spent 3.5mins completing our basic makeup. Not bad eh. Fast & furious! (x

 

My makeup-less face...... @_@ But we all so cute right? HAHAHA!

Since I was bare-faced, I wore "specs" to the event :3 Nerdy side of me hahas!

 

Finally, the mains came!

Yummy chicken thigh! Hmm.. I didn't like the side salad though.

Cafe mocha for my caffeine fix!

Panna Cotta for dessert. Milky Sweet 

 

For more info and updates, CLICK HERE to join Maybelline FB Fanpage!

 

Maybelline ClearSmooth B.B Cream is available at Watsons, Guardian, selected department stores, major supermarkets and hypermarkets.

For the month of May, it will be going for a very affordable price of $13.50 (usual price: $16.90).

4 comments:

  1. The last pic lolx~ I tot clara's head got a tiara! but actually is her name.. hahax~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahas you're wearing "Jones" tiara! Nice nice~

    ReplyDelete
  3. My tiara is longer! lolx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ya, Jones one look shortest.. heh

    ReplyDelete