Friday, May 13, 2011

Review: My Beauty Diary "Blooming of Beauty" French White Lily Mask

I bought these My Beauty Diary "Blooming of Beauty" series (Limited Edition), at a special promotional price of $5.50 each at my neighbourhood Guardian Pharmacy. The usual price, I think is $7.95? Each box contains 5 pieces of mask (23ml). $1.10 each, quite worth it right?

  • French White Lily Mask (which I'm going to review in this post)
  • Peruvian Sunflower Mask
  • Japanese Hydrangea Mask

 

French White Lily Mask

A special collection in celebration of the Taipei International Flora Expo, this limited-edition face mask harnesses the skin soothing and whitening qualities of the lily for a noticeably radiant and fairer complexion. Apply mask on cleansed and towel-dried face. 

Leave on for 15-20 minutes and then gently massage in essence after removing mask. No need to rinse off.

As you can see, the mask isn't THAT wet. It has a distinct floral smell which is pretty pleasant to me. The essence isn't sticky and it feels good having the mask on. There's no skin irritation as some masks do cause minor itchiness at times.

I find that some masks have that plastic sheet which acts as a separator, while most don't. The side with the plastic sheet should be placed on the face as it has minimal contact with our fingers. That's what I think?

My face of flaws >.<

A closer look at my face before mask-ing.

The mask fits my face quite well

I removed the mask after leaving on about 15mins, then followed by massaging the essence into skin. I like that the essence is easily absorbed into the skin, without the uncomfortable sticky feeling.

Yes, I could see that my face appeared to be slightly fairer and brighter. Quite moisturizing; it didn't leave my face feeling dry/taut after removing the mask.

Overall, I find this to be quite an average mask. However, it's definitely worth a try for such a low price! :D

Have you tried MBD "Blooming of Beauty" series? If yes, how do you find 'em? If no, will you get 'em to try since they're Limited Edition(!)?

4 comments:

  1. It's a whitening mask.. should rinise off after masking (else it increase the discoloration).

    I used to think that we don't need to rinise off after masking, but months ago, one of the ep of woman.. Niu Er mention that for whitening mask, must rinise off.. unless it's hydrating/moisturizing mask.

    ReplyDelete
  2. o.o There state no need.. Will heed Niu Er's advice then.. Got more skincare tips must tell me kk.. Thanks (;

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sure sure sure ^__^ Just use water to rinse off and then follow by your skincares. No need to use cleanser liao.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ok noted with thanks! ^^

    ReplyDelete