Thursday, May 5, 2011

Virtulips Sponsored Review: Facial Treatment @ Beauty Classics Beauty Salon

Virtulips is a beauty portal that provides the best beauty deals with real reviews from all over Singapore. How does Virtulips work? CLICK HERE


I joined their blogging community by filling a form HERE. And after being shortlisted, I received the 1st blog assignment. It was "3 sessions of Facial Treatment [Toa Payoh/ Braddell] ( to be redeemed within 40 days)".

What does the package consist of?

  • 3 sessions of: Pore Refining Sebum Balance Treatment OR Delicate Caring Care (Sensitive) Treatment OR Hydrating and Vitalizing Treatment OR Brightening and Whitening Care Treatment

  • 3 Bonus Treatments: Eyebrow Shaping + Relaxing Head and Shoulder Massage + Full Face Extraction

  • 1 retail-sized bottle of 10% L-Ascorbic Acid Serum Essence

 

Beauty Classics Beauty Salon

Address: Blk 126 Toa Payoh Lor 1 #01-557 S310126

    Tel: 63565637

     

    Session 1

      I went for my 1st session of facial on 25 March in the early morning. It was definitely not easy locating the salon as it was located at Toa Payoh/Braddell. I don't stay anywhere near there. To be honest, it wasn't a fancy beauty salon; more of a neighbourhood kind. Fifi Ung (the beauty salon owner) attended to me.



    Hydrating and Vitalizing Treatment was recommended for my dehydrated skin. The facial treatment started off by steaming my face using this equipment, to relax my skin. As I wasn't wearing any makeup on my face (just sunblock), she proceeded to cleanse+scrub my face and shoulders. After which, my face was left to steam for awhile to soften the pores. The procedure was quite relaxing and soothing. Then she trimmed my eyebrows.


      It was extraction time and I was tolerating every bit. This was the most dreaded part of any facial treatment I guess for most of us. So far, I've not experienced any extraction that is NOT painful. She comforted me by saying my complexion was not that bad, as compared to some of her customers. After struggling for 15 mins or so, I survived the ordeal!

      She then used cold mist to comfort my skin, as well as camphor to disinfect and calm my skin. Mask time. She used fruit mask (cream) consisting of Apricot Pit Oil, Apricot Extract, Passion Fruit Extract and Vitamin E. This fruit mask cleanses and disinfects, has astringent and healing effect. For a fresh healthy glow skin. Suitable for oily and acne-prone skin, as well as oily dehydrated ones. FYI, I belong to the latter.

      The mask was left on for about 20-30mins (can't remember exactly). After cleansing off the mask, she applied toner on my face, then 4 drops of 10% L-Ascorbic Acid Serum Essence, followed by Vitamin C face cream, pimple cream (Thyme), eye cream and sunblock.

      Oh, I especially enjoyed her skilful head and shoulder massage btw.


      I was given this bottle of 10% L-Ascorbic Acid Serum Essence (15ml), which is a powerful serum that can stimulate collagen growth, improve skin texture, smooth fine lines, and reduce skin discoloration. It can also firm up the skin and increase the immunity of even pigmented and acne-prone skin. Overall brightness can be improved within a short period of time.

      Suitable for all skin types, including face with scars or acne-prone skin. Fifi told me that acne scars will be lightened using this product.

      Works well with Hyaluronic Acid, Collagen and Pentapeptide.

    How to use?

      Apply 4 drops of serum for the face and 1 drop for the neck after cleansing. There will be a warm sensation upon application. Massage until it is fully absorbed. Suitable for day and night use. To be used 3-4 times weekly. Store in cool, dry place. Best to be placed in fridge or somewhere away from any light. Do note that it is very sensitive to light, heat, air and water. Do ensure that the bottle is tightened fully after every use.



      The 10% L-Ascorbic Acid Serum Essence does feels oily at first but it absorbs into the skin pretty fast without leaving any greasy/sticky feeling. No distinctive scent. Not much effects from using it for the 1st few days. I only started to see results after which. My skin became smoother and more radiant. The appearance of acne scars did lighten by a bit.



      Photo taken a week later. Can't see much difference from the photos, but I can see a slight difference when I see my face in the mirror.

     

    Session 2

    I lost my way again -.- The facial treatment procedure is same as Session 1.

    To summarize:

    • Steaming of face to relax skin.
    • Cleanse+scrub my face and shoulders.
    • Steaming of face to soften pores.
    • Trimming of eyebrows.
    • Extraction time.
    • Using cold mist and camphor to disinfect and calm skin.
    • Fruit mask (cream) for healing effect.
    • Head and shoulder massage.
    • After cleansing off the mask, apply toner, then 10% L-Ascorbic Acid Serum Essence, Vitamin C face cream, pimple cream, eye cream and sunblock.

     

      This is the Before & After photo of using the 10% L-Ascorbic Acid Serum Essence, a day after the facial treatment. After massaging the serum on my face and neck, I could see that my skin looked more glowy. The redness was more subsided.

    Thank goodness I had no problems using the serum and it didn't cause me to breakout. And phew!, I didn't experience any skin irritations or whatsoever, using this 10% L-Ascorbic Acid Serum Essence.

     

    Session 3

    This time, I had makeup on and didn't sleep the night before. According to Fifi, my face was more congested and dehydrated than the previous 2 sessions. The extraction time was super duper long and I was literally "tearing". Super painful but I had to endure to the very last bit.

    There was slight change in the use of products during the facial treatment. This time, she applied Nourishing Cream Mask (with Almond and Wheat Germ Extracts, Vitamin E, Avocado Oiland Soy Oil) instead. Suitable for normal to dry skin, mature or superficially dehydrated skin. It softens, nourishes, tones, revitalizes and hydrates.

    With makeup on, my face still looked pretty okay though the oiliness is evident. This was taken before the facial treatment.

     

    :

    :

     

    :

    :

     

    :

    :

     

      What a horrifying photo! @_@ Can't imagine I actually took the public bus with this face...... I should have taken a cab seriously...... She said that my case of redness is not that serious as others. I can't fathom the thought of having even redder skin than THIS -.-

    Though I was using the 10% L-Ascorbic Acid Serum Essence, I did use a new cream cleanser which may be the reason for my congested skin. Besides, my time-of-the-month was round the corner and my complexion is usually at its worst at this period. AND.. the fact that I didn't sleep a wink the night before *ahems*.




      The difference is more apparent the day after the facial treatment. Brighter and clearer skin. After the end of the 3 sessions, I was told to continue using the 10% L-Ascorbic Acid Serum Essence at least 3-4 times a week (which I did). I do feel that my complexion has improved in terms of radiance and clarity.

     

    In collaboration with Virtulips, Beauty Classics Beauty Salon is having a promotion right now. For 3 sessions of facial treatment (consist of cleanse, scrub, mask, head/shoulder massage and eyebrow trimming), you need to pay only $99 ($33 per session) instead of $540. To add on full face extraction and steaming, you just need to pay $50 per session (additional $17). As for the 10% L-Ascorbic Acid Serum Essence, it's at a special price of $80 (usual price $95). According to Fifi, it actually retails for about twice the price at other beauty salons.

    To get this deal, CLICK HERE.

    Thanks for reading (:

    No comments:

    Post a Comment