Monday, May 30, 2011

Celebrating The Sib's 24th @ Carousel

15th May was my bro's 24th birthday and we celebrated @ Carousel. We had lunch buffet ($50++ weekend) and with any UOB Debit/Credit card, there's 15% off (weekday), 10% off (weekend).

It is housed in Royal Plaza On Scotts Hotel, conveniently located at Orchard area.

The lunch buffet is from 12-2pm. Too little time IMO.

 

I didn't take any photos of the displayed food. The following photos are taken from the hotel's website.

The not-so-amazing spread of seafood. Scallops, crayfish, mussels, prawns, etc.

Halal-concept, so don't expect any pork.. AND B-E-E-F? There wasn't beef. I've no idea why. *sad face*

My very 1st plate of seafood items.. Unfortunately it was the last as well.. I didn't really like the taste THAT much so I went on to explore other food sections.

This plate of food was definitely much better! My all-time-favorite salmon sashimi tasted awesome! :d~ *slurp* Hmm.. I managed to polish more than half of 'em.. teehee :p

The egg benedict tasted fabulous btw. Yummilicious max! The lonesome digestive biscuit with berried cheese tasted extremely good as well! I like :D

Rojak items :x A little of each. Fish, prawn, croissant, peach crumble pie, bread pudding, cheese......

Crème brûlée tasted so good, I have to had at least 2! The potion was pretty small to begin with.

Assorted dessert, which wasn't really a sweet ending. Rather disappointing. 'Nuff said.

Pretty to look at though.

Fruits they took, which I didn't touch at all.

I'm very in love with the coffee! It was superbly good, I tell you! The coffee taste was so intense and oh-so-aromatic. Needless to say, I had 2 cups :p If not for the time constraint, I would have had moreee!

 

Camwhorin' time :D

Ah xin, the birthday boy man ??

I'm random, I know. Nice ma......

Ah mei.

Yours truly.

I'm 24 (not) :,/

And it's gonna be her 22nd next mth. Damn :,/ I feel so old..*double sianz-sation*

The random lil' boy taking random photos with iPAD.

Lunch buffet ending soon. Most already left.

Ah mei dressed as if it was her birthday :x LOL

My OOTD: Bysi black shimmer dress, Bebe black bag, SCHU strappy heels.

Overall, I find the buffet to be so-so. Not much variety and food was not THAT enticing. There won't be a 2nd visit unless it's a treat (lol). Okay, I wanna go Shangri-La The Line Buffet next.

 

Random artistic displays.

The end. Thanks for reading (:

6 comments:

  1. ur food pics always make me so hungry!! the crayfish looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went there for a teachers' day lunch year before last, quite enjoyed the food there, cause of the sashimi! And the creme brulee. I've tried dinner at The Line, awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ya, same goes for me hahas! Looks good but taste so-so only =s

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim, salmon sashimi was good! More misses than hits, so overall not that enjoyable.. The raves are tempting me to go for the Line Buffet! Heard so much goodness.. High price to pay for.. >.<

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh yes... u have to go to The Line :) They have a good variety of food and I love their creme brulee. Their roast pork is *slurp*!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG I think I REALLY have to go The Line soon! I love variety.. Roast pork is calling out to me :o

    ReplyDelete