Saturday, June 9, 2012

Removing Glitter Nail Polish...

I love glitter-fest nails BUT not so much on removing them. I try to remove them the normal way... AND give up eventually. Rub and rub and rub... it literally takes forever as the glitter nail polish just refuse to come off :/

My glitter-fest nails 

After a quick google search, I found it - The Foil Method. Million thanks to the one who came up with this brilliant idea!

What you will need:

    • nail polish remover
    • aluminium foil
    • cotton pad
    • scissors [not pictured]

Cut a cotton pad into quarters. Soak the cut cotton pads with generous amount of nail polish remover and place it on the nail. Then, wrap the finger with aluminium foil completely (as shown in the image above).

The aluminium foil basically acts as a barrier to the surrounding air, and prevents the soaked cotton pad from drying up. 

After 5-10mins, twist & turn to take off the aluminium foil + cotton pad. Any glitter remnant, just remove using a cotton pad soaked with nail polish remover. Easy peasy!

Hmm... no doubt this method works, my fingers feel so "suffocated" during the process. My only "complaint" so far >.<~~

Any other good tips on removing glitter nail polish? 

6 comments:

  1. wow i shall try this nxt time! (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. The foiling method has saved my butt (and time) one too many times! :D It's fantastic, except that my fingers feel ultra dry after the soaking too. Nothing a little hand cream can't solve.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo! Never knew that there's such method. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. dooey89, try it and see if it works for you (:
    Regis, I tried this for the 1st time and was glad it works. Yeah~ Hand cream does wonders :P
    face-canvas, you're welcome! though it wasn't me who came up with this idea :X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hor!!! Now I now what to do instead of rub rub rub! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete