Sunday, August 28, 2011

Shu Uemura Hard Formula Eyebrow Pencil (Hard 9 Brown 03)

Have you tried the highly raved Shu Uemura Hard Formula Eyebrow Pencil?

"natural finish and shape. this unique eyebrow pencil only releases color pigment when it interacts with the oils in the brow hairs. the result is natural, defined brows. smudge-proof and long-lasting."

I bought my 1st Shu Uemura Hard Formula Eyebrow Pencil many years ago, but I misplaced it somehow. This is my 2nd one. I chose Hard 9 Brown 03, as it was more suitable for my red hair (I got this few months back).

When brand new and unsharpened, it looks normal. After some sharpening by the BA, it looks so unique! The thing about this eyebrow pencil is that you cannot sharpen this yourself.

FYI, it is a special sharpening technique acquired by the BAs. And, this service is FOC.

"oil-activated formula - pigment only releases when it interacts with the oil in the eyebrow hairs."

I tried drawing on my hand and this little color shows up. However, it's a different story when drawn on the brows. The color just shows up so naturally. It's really hard to go wrong with this amazing eyebrow pencil!

"creates an ultra-natural, long-lasting finish."

See the distinct difference between my bare and drawn brows! I'm pleased with this shade of brown with slight reddish tone. To complement my light hair color, I usually go over with coat of brow mascara (my staple KATE Eyebrow Color LB-1).

Retails for $33. One can last me for more than a year at least, so it isn't THAT expensive seriously.

11 comments:

  1. the makeup blogetteAugust 29, 2011 at 1:16 AM

    it's my all time fave pencil too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. others just pale in comparison =p

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agree with EVERYTHING u say :)
    this pencil lasts, lasts and lasts really long... and it works really well :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah~ It's no wonder that it is so highly raved (:

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lolx... the sharpen technique is the same as sharpening art pencils... by using penknife... I do that do my MAC brow's pencil.. but the cap was too short for it(lolx)

    I think it just me with any brands of brow pencil... I prefer liquid brow's liner (cos of the sharpness). But I do agree that it was quite long wearing! And the pencil can last "FOREVER"

    ReplyDelete
  6. ya.. but i scared that i'll hurt myself.. so better not..

    well, to each her own.. i also like to use liquid one at times.. depends on my mood.. i don't use the shu one daily so i think it'll take a while for me to go let them sharpen.. think this pencil will last me 2 years at least lol!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is interesting! I never knew that it only worked when u draw it on ur brows hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oooh sorry if this is silly but do you then go to the shu store to get it sharpen all the time? :p haha

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kim, ya! It's easy to draw on the brows but not on the hand.

    Eliza, if you use daily prolly have to go to the store monthly? So far, I haven't go sharpen mine yet.. ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh! Okay thanks hun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. you're most welcome (:

    ReplyDelete