Saturday, August 6, 2011

Sponsored Review: Mentholatum Lip Ice Sheer Color Lip Moisturizers (Strawberry & Shimmer)

Color-changeable lip balms? Mentholatum Lip Ice Sheer Color Lip Moisturizers that is. My 1st Lip Ice purchase was during my secondary school days (more than a decade ago!).

I was provided with the Strawberry & Shimmer variants to review. Thanks TSS & Lip Ice (Sg)!

FYI, there's the Fragrance Free variant if you prefer unscented, non-shimmery lip balm.

 

Strawberry

It has a slightly strong strawberry scent, which is pleasant nevertheless. Reminds me of Meiji Strawberry Milk! :d~

My bottom lips were rather dry at the point of swatching. Just a pretty bright pink hue on my lips, with no shimmers.

 

Shimmer

Ooo I'm more intrigued by this Shimmer one! It just looks alot prettier?!

See those medium pink shimmer bits? They're really fine, not chunky at all.

Gives a subtle shimmer finish to my lips.

Here's a LOTD to show how the Shimmer looks on me.

There isn't much difference between 'em, except for the shimmer part. Both look almost the same as shown from the photo above. I applied 2 coats evenly on both sides. FYI, the lip swatches are taken on different days.

These lip moisturizers do feel a wee bit oily on the lips. That don't really bother me as they help moisturize my lips and (most importantly) prevent me from licking 'em!

Hate the fact that my lips are constantly dry even though I drink lots of water daily AND apply lip balm frequently.

The color is buildable. If you want really bright pink lips, just apply the lip balms liberally will do. Oh they act as a lipstain as well. The color pretty much stays on even after a meal!

Overall, I'm very much in love with Shimmer AND the scent of the Strawberry one. How about a 2-in-1? Strawberry Shimmer sounds awesome?! If you are a pink lover like me, you'll love these to bits!

Retails for $7.50 each. Available in Watsons.

Do participate in this Sheer Color Beautiful Lips Contest by Lipice (sg) FB Fanpage and stand to win attractive prizes.

Top 3 Most Beautiful Lips win a MP4 worth $259!

CLICK HERE to vote for me, if you like my lips? (:

No comments:

Post a Comment