Sunday, September 29, 2013

VDL Eye Bomb Mascara

A mascara review... like finally! Oops... :x

Okay, I digress. I previously mentioned VDL Eye Bomb Mascara in the VDL introduction post HERE. Have been using it for some time, and I reckon it is time for a proper review (more mascara reviews coming soon!).

Lovin' its simple yet classy design - shiny black tube/cap with silver wordings

1. Boom-up Formula 

  • Boom-up Formula: the melted blending wax evenly covers the lashes for volume that explodes off the face
  • Boom-Up Lengthening: the cottony light fibers help mascara last longer by adhering to lashes
  • Boom-Up Curling: the firm, light jelly formula cushions and makes for the best extreme curling

2. Mixture Oxygen

  • contains oxygenated water for a light, yet long-lasting effect that treats lashes while it beautifies

The straight brush has short spiky black/white bristles, with the black ones more closely aligned. Rather unique, isn't it?

3. Boosting Brush

  • the mega-balancing brush (optimized for the boom-up formula), boosts volume, length and promotes curls.

Smart cleansing: mega-oxygen technology means no more smearing or fading on the eyes.
Eye-Bomb Wax Storage Container: the large, round container is specially designed to contain plenty of Boom-Up Formula.
Eye-Bomb Express: the white express dual-blending wax goes on thick for the most explosive volume statement, while the black express comb means mascara goes on smoothly for the best curling.

According to VDL, Eye Bomb Mascara creates the most explosive eye lashes. I would say, it fares pretty well for a non-waterproof mascara. Here, I applied 2 coats of Eye Bomb. Do note that my lashes were curled with eyelash curler prior application.

This is a mascara with a not too dry or wet formula. What I like about Eye Bomb is that it applies really smoothly and easily. And, it is black enough to define my lashes. The short spiky bristles help to separate my lashes evenly, making sure that all of them are well-coated with mascara, including the teeny weeny ones. The lightweight mascara fibers cling on to my lashes, lengthening them slightly. No unsightly clumps. My lashes look moderately volumized and they don't feel that heavy or stiff, which is good.

Despite being non-waterproof, I assure you that there are no smudges or flakes at the end of the day. It is easily removed as well. I tried using Bioderma Crealine H2O Micelle Solution and it works like a charm!

My only gripe about Eye Bomb is that it does not hold curls well. My lashes droop within an hour after application. Well, you can always layer on a waterproof one for extra oomph (:

Hope my review helps. Thank you for reading.

VDL Eye Bomb Mascara retails for S$34, available exclusively at VDL (Suntec City #02-338/339). 

***All info are extracted from www.vdlcosmetics.com.***

No comments:

Post a Comment