Thursday, January 13, 2011

Never-Ending Love for Food

You can safely skip this post if you ain't into food.

Recommended this Mr Sushi Grill Shop (Takashimaya) to Jessie as I simply love the food there. This place was newly renovated and I noticed the increase in the pricing. We just ordered 2 items, grilled ika (squid) and oden. The taste is fresh and the texture is so chewy, I like ! $8.50 for ala carte.

I can't get enough of this lightly flavored (soy) soup. Can only refill the soup once =.= $5 now, increase $1 ! Well, overall the pricing is still alright (with most items less than $10) and the food here is really OISHI-NEH !

 

Aloe vera drink, wheat grass drink and lime juice.

We were at Wee Nam Kee (Novena Ville) for Hainanese chicken rice. They've been raving about this place for sooo many times, and finally they brought me there :D

I never like plain white rice, BUT chicken rice is an exception (I can easily finish every bit) :d~ Love the flavorful taste and the rice is cooked just right (not too moist or hard). Well, Mama Leong's chicken rice (Space @ My Humble House) is still my no.1 albeit the big difference in pricing.

Eggplant with yu xiang sauce. This dish is very tasty, indeed ! No doubt we finished everything, including the yummy sauce !

Chicken drumstick, as usual. The meat is tender and I love the garlic chilli sauce (SHIOK !)

Roast chicken was practically sold out. Luckily, there were some chicken wings left for Jessie.

Chicken breast meat (Kelvin's), no thanks for me.

 

:

:

:

 

Dinner with Ah Xin. Teochew porridge.

Curry chicken. Yeah for no chicken breast meat !

Spicy tofu (bean curd).

Braised belly pork slices. This meal only cost $6 ! Cheap right ? Kopitiam ma :p

 

:

:

:

 

Tom Yam Campur. I like the hot and spicy soup BUT the seafood not fresh.

Curry mutton, my siblings' favorite.

Bee Hoon Goreng W/O egg =.=

Seafood Noodles. I don't like yellow noodles.

Nasi Pattaya. I love anything WITH EGG :d~ Inside is fried rice and it was surprising to find seafood and chicken hahas !

 

:

:

:

 

Mackenzie Rex restaurant, located at Prinsep Street.

White coffee.

This chicken rice is not as flavorful, taste rather bland. The chilli sauce is very diluted, practically tasteless. Soy sauce is a total letdown as well.

The meat is alright though, quite tender. Overall, very normal so I won't go back again I guess.

Jessie said the chicken meat was tough and dry. I do agree that their service sucks to the core !

The end. More food posts to be up :D Yay or Nay ?

7 comments:

  1. Weee... This make me hungry!

    Prinsep Street.. I dont quite like the foods there! I used to study music there (10yrs ago! lolx)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your foodie shots... THUMBS UP!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chantana, hehe don't think many love this kind of cheap yummy food ! Hmm I don't really eat there so I don't know hahas xD Woah 10yrs ago !!

    Jessie, yeah ^^v

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just ate at Rex too! They're well known for their chicken rice.. It tasted okay, but a good chicken rice needs really great chilli! Theirs was just oh-kay. Their crispy noodle is nice though! And I'm impressed you can remember the names of everyone of these dishes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ya that's what I thought so too .. Great chilli sauce is a MUST ! Didn't know they've crispy noodles but doesn't matter already coz not gonna visit 'em again hahas .. If I forget the names, I'll google search =p

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did many crazy stuff when I'm younger! kekekeke... Really meh, alot of my friends including my family love cheap yummy foods! Maybe many ppls donno how to eat? So that auto think that restaurant foods must be goods (I have some friends who are like that! Anyhow eat one.. everything also nice)

    My dad's a cook and he used to work in Mandarin hotel (so he knew how to make their chicken rice.. no need to spend that much to eat it! lolx)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooo you so happening ar !! Hmm thinking back, I think I did much crazy stuff when I was 21ish .. My bro like cheap yummy food but defnitely not my sis .. I like to eat and very picky as well .. Not nice I won't eat hahas xD unless I super hungry !

    WAAA your dad all-rounder leis .. Can cook .. Can fortune-tell .. You go learn how to cook chicken rice then we can eat liao ^^v

    ReplyDelete